• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

This is how you make bagels...

MZKM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Ha, just watched this one a few days ago.

I was in NYC during Xmas, did a lot of pizza places
(John's of Bleecker street won for sit-down pie, Made in New York Pizza won for a pepperoni sqaure/sicilian; Di Fara was great, Joe's on Carmine had a great traditional NY slice, Lazzara's was good for the type of pizza it was, Joe's in Time Square was burnt to hell)
but totally forgot about bagels.

Last edited:

PatentLawyer

Forum Donor
I bought bagels for myself for the first time recently. Cheap Walmart stuff, some cream cheese. Baked it a bit, then a bit with cheese on top. A nice warm treat in the winter.
You might be more of an expert than you give yourself credit for. I'm deep in bagel country, and most of us would agree that the best way to prep a room temperature bagel is to stick it in the oven/toaster oven WHOLE.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
I did a check yesterday and have now made over 4000 bagel sandwiches in the past 6 months. Wish we had room to make our own bagels, but at least there's some excellent sources within pickup range.

PatentLawyer

Forum Donor
I did a check yesterday and have now made over 4000 bagel sandwiches in the past 6 months. Wish we had room to make our own bagels, but at least there's some excellent sources within pickup range.
I hope you run a restaurant or have a huge family?!?! :oops:

PatentLawyer

Forum Donor
I work kitchen at a café-bistro. Breakfast sandwich on a bagel is our post popular dish. Apparently it's great hangover food.
Ah, very good! Big respect for kitchen workers; very hard work.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Ah, very good! Big respect for kitchen workers; very hard work.
Since starting here, I've sweated off 20 lb. The fun part is some of the conversations with customers- I had a long discussion about ion exchange in glass with one of my regulars, the guy who invented the Gorilla Glass technology. The kinetics are particularly interesting, and we speculated about what the transition state might look like.

Sesame bagel, bacon, egg, no cheese.

PatentLawyer

Forum Donor
Since starting here, I've sweated off 20 lb. The fun part is some of the conversations with customers- I had a long discussion about ion exchange in glass with one of my regulars, the guy who invented the Gorilla Glass technology. The kinetics are particularly interesting, and we speculated about what the transition state might look like.

Sesame bagel, bacon, egg, no cheese.
I guess you are near Corning?!

I tried a case about ion exchange resins. Fascinating stuff.

diddley

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Talking about love what you doing..great video Amir and sorry to read that your water problems aren't over yet. Thanks for sharing!

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
I guess you are near Corning?!

I tried a case about ion exchange resins. Fascinating stuff.
Alfred U is basically Corning's feeder school (about an hour away). Tops in ceramics, glass, and related engineering. I'm looking at this as a great opportunity to learn some new things- most of my materials work has been polymers.

audio2design

Major Contributor
I learned how to make bagels on Dec. 23, 2021. I am now up to almost 4 dozen (6 at a time). Barley malt was hard to find initially till I remembered that's what beer is made from. I think I have a 3 year supply now.

Zensō

Major Contributor
I made bagels for the first time this past weekend. I used King Arthur Baking’s bagel recipe which was their “Recipe of the Year” for 2022.

Pretty simple and they turned out great. Next up: soft pretzels.

CA15F40E-27A4-495B-9D5E-137F15FA2F2D.jpeg

Top Bottom