• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

This can't be good...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
1540165715027.png

https://www.npr.org/2018/10/21/659327955/migrant-caravan-grows-to-5-000

Last edited:

dc655321

Major Contributor
What is that? Zombie apocalypse?

Ah, so-called migrant caravan at the southern US border.

Grave

IDK what so say except that they are not the United States's problem. If you immigrate legally, then you are welcome. If you immigrate illegally, then you are not.

OP
RayDunzl

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
You guys are not sneaking in another political food fight, are you?

Not looking for a fight, but I find it a topic of some concern.

Got a solution to consider?

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Not looking for a fight, but I find it a topic of some concern.

Why?

(Aside from the obvious, that there are conditions in other countries that are so bad that thousands of people are willing to pack up what they can carry and try to escape by foot?)

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
You guys are not sneaking in another political food fight, are you?
No way man.

I think they have been told via the secret MQA workers network, to show up and they'll get training then a job hand curating the conversion of millions of songs to MQA for US consumption. Japan has created an MQA gap (like the missile gap of the 60's) in which they have a lively MQA-CD access and we don't. Sorry Thomas, don't know about the UK where MQA originated. BTW, nice new avatar Thomas. ;)

So maybe this is sneaking in an MQA food fight?

Cosmik

Major Contributor
Just a politically neutral observation. In the article above, it says:
On Saturday, President Trump told reporters the migrants were "hardened criminals."
I thought to myself "I'll bet he didn't say that. I'll bet he said 'some' of the migrants." Sure enough, if you click on the the link
“People are coming over from Honduras, they have like 5,000 people, Honduras and Guatemala, El Salvador, and some of these people are hard criminals, hardened criminals,” Trump said during his participation in a roundtable on defense spending.
It seems obvious to me that the press has given up on pretending to be neutral on these matters but is playing to its intended audience, and in the process stirring up as much resentment and hatred as possible.

So a question. If the above quote was subjected to 'fact checking' in order to label it as 'fake news' or not, what should the answer be?

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
IDK what so say except that they are not the United States's problem. If you immigrate legally, then you are welcome. If you immigrate illegally, then you are not.
AMEN to that. People from all over the world want to come here.
Everyone needs to take their turn and do things legally.
It seems obvious to me that the press has given up on pretending to be neutral on these matters but is playing to its intended audience, and in the process stirring up as much resentment and hatred as possible.
Another AMEN. Sometimes in the last 2 years I feel as I moved to China or Russia. The liberal news media bias has made a mockery of honest reporting. They use prejudice mud slinging to make political hay and are turning supporting the law into a racial issue, which it is not.

maxxevv

Major Contributor
Another AMEN. Sometimes in the last 2 years I feel as I moved to China or Russia. The liberal news media bias has made a mockery of honest reporting. They use prejudice mud slinging to make political hay and are turning supporting the law into a racial issue, which it is not.

Perhaps you need to take a look at what Fox News has been doing in the past 8 years prior to the most recent 2 ?

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Perhaps you need to take a look at what Fox News has been doing in the past 8 years prior to the most recent 2 ?
Not even close to the race mongering going on by the liberals.

Wombat

Master Contributor
Just a politically neutral observation. In the article above, it says:

I thought to myself "I'll bet he didn't say that. I'll bet he said 'some' of the migrants." Sure enough, if you click on the the link

So a question. If the above quote was subjected to 'fact checking' in order to label it as 'fake news' or not, what should the answer be?

Nuetral comment: The "how do you know?" question was dodged.

Cosmik

Major Contributor

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Nuetral comment: The "how do you know?" question was dodged.

"Don't be a baby."

It really is amazing that some people can react to clear, open bigotry not with "how horrible!" but with "well he didn't say all of them."

At this point I guess it's a mercy the caudilloita didn't start riffing about a devil's triangle between the leaders of MS-13, AQAP, and Nancy Pelosi inside the caravan. "Devil's triangle" is a drinking game, like quarters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom