• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

This bird will put your speakers to shame - 125 db SPL!

ernestcarl

Major Contributor
"Perhaps these deafening songs should come as no surprise – white bellbirds wouldn't be the only species to go to extremes to find love. Birds of paradise show off their dance moves, pufferfish draw shapes in the sand, and giraffes drink each other's urine."

For whatever reason I was reminded of 50 Shades of Grey. Humans can be even more extreme, wouldn't you say? :p

I think the closest analogy I can think of here is Opera music duets in general.

Beautifully romantic music: but can rather look awkwardley/uncomfortably executed sometimes when done at such extreme close proximity. hehe

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

hugodlc

But what about their THD% and at which frequency/distance... incomplete specs.

Fregly

I like the deafening mating ritual, "louder than chainsaws".

cjfrbw

Maybe audiophiles should try bill-loaded speaker designs.

My African Grey also has amazing hearing. She sings to music I am listening to while wearing closed headphones in the next room. She must hear a lot of the stuff within a mile radius of the house.

Neddy

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Wild! Glad I don't have one of those here - woodpeckers are bad enough already.
Aliens are truly among us!

Top Bottom