• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Third World USA

graz_lag

Major Contributor
... objectivity and rigour as the Guardian's austerity story (or pretty much any of their stories these days).

Yeah, their stories are so austere that after reading a couple of them, you enter into the firm idea you have not more than three days of life left, starting from the other day ... :facepalm:

Ceburaska

Forum Donor
Is Jakarta even the “most depressing city” in Indonesia? I’m sure plenty of the lesser known cities (which the well travelled writer surely must have visited at least once) are worse.
And I can only assume that writer has never set foot in Africa. Nigeria is an oil exporting country without a functioning electricity grid. Or anything else.

OP
Rod

Rod

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Is Jakarta even the “most depressing city” in Indonesia? I’m sure plenty of the lesser known cities (which the well travelled writer surely must have visited at least once) are worse.
And I can only assume that writer has never set foot in Africa. Nigeria is an oil exporting country without a functioning electricity grid. Or anything else.
Well I live about an hour away from Paradise, California. With all the PGE caused fires, gas line explosions, it kinda makes us wonder were our grid is headed. That's the point. Looks like were going to get the privilege of paying for it to. The rate payer will have the cost added on after years of deregulation and cost increases. We even had our grid shut down after deregulation in a blackmail scheme. Enron style.
People around there are angry it sounds like. It was on the news yesterday that the PGE workers around Paradise are getting some negative feedback from the local population.

OP
Rod

Rod

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Well I live about an hour away from Paradise, California. With all the PGE caused fires, gas line explosions, it kinda makes us wonder were our grid is headed. That's the point. Looks like were going to get the privilege of paying for it to. The rate payer will have the cost added on after years of deregulation and cost increases. We even had our grid shut down after deregulation in a blackmail scheme. Enron style.
People around there are angry it sounds like. It was on the news yesterday that the PGE workers around Paradise are getting some negative feedback from the local population.
The Myth of the Market Fundamentalism :

Last edited:
Top Bottom