• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Thinking of replacing my E30/L30 combo

therobin

I currently have a E30/L30 stack on my desk. However, I am been thinking of selling it and buying a DX3 Pro+ instead since I only listen to IEMs now and no longer have a need for the separate units.

I wanted to know if there are any other small form factor DAC/amp combos I should consider? Is there anythig else that performs similar to the DX3 Pro+ at a similar price point?

DeepFried

its not really what you're looking for so perhaps put it in the 'honorable mentions' category, but I love my little Fiio K3.

It doesn't have enough power for most audiophile headphones but I use it for IEMs and have never heard the noise floor, so the lackluster SINAD doesn't bother me. So what does sell this device for IEMs? its tiny, I have it command stripped under the front edge of my desk, perfect placement, it has a superb volume control, it also has a 2.5mm balanced out as well as the 3.5mm, and it can act as a digital bridge with toslink and coax outs, both of which work simultaneously, so you can daisy chain other devices like a BT transmitter or another DAC.

Its USB powered which is a double edge sword, its convenient where it works well but you need a USB port with enough power (USB 3 perhaps) plus it needs to be pretty clean, the K3 doesn't do a good job of filtering any noise coming through the shielding, though that has only caused me a problem with a 2 pin laptop.

ngs428

I currently have a E30/L30 stack on my desk. However, I am been thinking of selling it and buying a DX3 Pro+ instead since I only listen to IEMs now and no longer have a need for the separate units.

I wanted to know if there are any other small form factor DAC/amp combos I should consider? Is there anythig else that performs similar to the DX3 Pro+ at a similar price point?
I don’t think there is much else in the class of the DX3 Pro+. It is a good choice for many use cases.

Isn’t the L30\E30 better than that unit for IEMs? Higher signal to noise ratio in the amp and you can use the -9db gain. Maybe I am wrong, haven’t reviewed the DX3 Pro+ very closely. I have the L30/E30.

Bleib

Major Contributor
I don’t think there is much else in the class of the DX3 Pro+. It is a good choice for many use cases.

Isn’t the L30\E30 better than that unit for IEMs? Higher signal to noise ratio in the amp and you can use the -9db gain. Maybe I am wrong, haven’t reviewed the DX3 Pro+ very closely. I have the L30/E30.
L30 measures better yes, but might have a problem with channel imbalance as it uses analogue volume control but as you say -9dB might help with that.

Top Bottom