• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Think it's time for new speakers

OP
Martini

Martini

Forum Donor
Spoke briefly with Jim Salk and he was recommending the Veracity HT2-TL. I'm not familiar with Salk speakers, but those that have them seem to love them. It doesn't appear that I would need a sub with these, but they are also somewhat deep, so I worry about positioning. Does anybody have experience with these? Wish I could see a spin-arama on these.

blestin

Spoke briefly with Jim Salk and he was recommending the Veracity HT2-TL. I'm not familiar with Salk speakers, but those that have them seem to love them. It doesn't appear that I would need a sub with these, but they are also somewhat deep, so I worry about positioning. Does anybody have experience with these? Wish I could see a spin-arama on these.

For that price I would purchase the Selah Ceramica or the BMR tower.

Bear123

Addicted to Fun and Learning
F206 if the room is small, F208 if you can accommodate the size. A sub, or better yet, a pair of subs for high fidelity. If only one specific seat matters, you may be able to get a good response with a single sub. Perhaps a miniDSP 2x4HD to apply eq and crossovers for speakers and subs? It will obviously handle eq for the subs but not 100% sure about speakers. But I think so.

Take a look at Rythmik's small sealed subs, they have a good variety to choose from. Sealed not because they are *better* for music, but they are smaller and cheaper, so no need for the added size, added cost, and lower distortion ported will give you.

OP
Martini

Martini

Forum Donor
Well, I was able to find a really good price on a pair of 228be, so put in the order. Not sure when they will get in, with my luck, they will show just before I head to the racetrack for two weekends and I won't be able to touch them. Excited though!

amper42

Major Contributor
Well, I was able to find a really good price on a pair of 228be, so put in the order. Not sure when they will get in, with my luck, they will show just before I head to the racetrack for two weekends and I won't be able to touch them. Excited though!

I'm sure you will enjoy the Revel F228Be for years to come. I have been playing with the Revel F328Be and it's a big step above what I'm use too.

OP
Martini

Martini

Forum Donor
I'm sure you will enjoy the Revel F228Be for years to come. I have been playing with the Revel F328Be and it's a big step above what I'm use too.

Yes, it will be a big change from listening to MartinLogans for so many years.

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
How close can the Dutch & Dutch be placed to the front wall w/o compromise?

txbdan

The first thing you need is room correction. That sized room has gnarly bass/midbass nodes. I know bc my office is the same size.

rman9

I debated getting the HT2-TL, but then the depth turned me to the Veracity ST.. I ordered them on April 2nd.. Just waiting.. So not sure how it's going to work out with the rest of the system when I get it..

Helicopter

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
For $5k I would look at used Focal Kanta No 1, or some bigger Focal Arias like 926 or 936.

Top Bottom