• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Things that are GOOD!

JeffS7444

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
For some time I've been wanting to see if there was interest in a topic like this, about pretty much anything that makes people feel good about life! Not my original idea at all, I borrowed (OK, stole) it from the now-defunct Giant Robot forums.

While I didn't have music, much less drums, particularly in my mind, it just so happened that I encountered a couple of videos which made me go "whoa".

Audience member gets called on stage to play drums with Foo Fighters, kills it:

Buddy Rich "Impossible Drum Solo":

Last edited:

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

JSmith

Master Contributor
This is good...

White blood cells have been made into a kind of micro-robot that could treat and prevent life threatening scientists in China.
... now I read that again, the author could have phrased that much better, proof read or at least used a comma! :D :facepalm:
Now, for the first time, researchers have used lasers to precisely control neutrophils -- a type of white blood cell -- as a natural, biocompatible microrobot in living fish. The 'neutrobots' performed multiple tasks, showing they could someday deliver drugs to precise locations in the body.

JSmith

Katji

Major Contributor
3-4 years ago, I would not have believed that I would like watching tv. And not the ads. Now I enjoy some of the ads.

VW gets it right, the best car ads.

This one, so good with the video games thing, like the start line with green milk crates that shatter into pieces...

OP
JeffS7444

JeffS7444

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Corn on the cob.
giphy.gif

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
070130_duisburg_faultier3_g.jpg

OP
JeffS7444

JeffS7444

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Nothing mind-blowing, but I was in an indulgent mood, so off I went to a nearby place which bills itself as having Chinese street food, and opted for their stewed chicken with rice and potatoes.
_DSC2006.jpg

Followed by a stop at a tea shop. Although the pedestrian mall outside was fairly busy at mid-day, I lucked out, and, aside from one other customer barely visible behind the plants on the left, I had the place to myself.
_DSC2011-Pano.jpg

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Still looking good every night (when I can see it, lots of fog here)
1658352039495.jpeg

EDIT: hey did anyone on earth see the sun shining on the top of the moon. NO! pretty sure it needs a 90 deg rotation. Sorry. if you copy it rotate it. :facepalm:

Last edited:

Rednaxela

Major Contributor
For those who, like me, must have listened to this album a million times and pretty much know it inside out, this is GOOD. :)

OP
JeffS7444

JeffS7444

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I may have to try this. Have eaten cold sesame noodles countless times, and made it at home with some success, but nothing like this.
Visited a (different) local Chinese hole-in-the-wall for the first time since pandemic. Menu had changed a bit, but their "Shanghai Chilled Noodles" sounded about like what I craved. When the food arrived, I was put off by having my food served in plastic to-go container, thought the presentation was a bit lacking as a result.
_DSC2018.jpg

But mix it up to distribute the sesame dressing, raw garlic and chili oil, and it started to look a lot more promising. No complaints about the flavors or textures!

Somafunk

Major Contributor
best car add ever?

OP
JeffS7444

JeffS7444

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Good ole American "soft power" at it's best - Bruce Springsteen 1988 East Berlin!

Top Bottom