• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

These are the proper ways to wire your house....

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
https://www.cepro.com/article/9_wir...tm_campaign=content&eid=344673395&bid=2211074

Cabling_5.jpg

Cabling_6.jpg

Cabling_7.jpg

Cabling_9.jpg

CablingNew_slide1.jpg

stunta

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Looks neat and well organized. I wish my wiring was like this.

esm

Forum Donor
God, I wish I still had a picture of the fiber runs at <BigTechCo>'s DC that I spent a few weeks working inside earlier in my career.

It was glorious in it's awfulness. A room-width wall of cabling, half of the room fiber and half of the room ethernet, too dense to stick your hand info, all neatly bundled and wrapped.

At least, that's how it started. But then a few cables had to be replaced or re-run for some reason, and since it was too hard to un-bundle the bad cables or add any new cables to existing bundles, they just added more. And more.

And more.

How you think it will look:
fiber-how-you-think-it-will-look.jpg

How it will actually look:
fiber-how-it-will-actually-look.jpg

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
There are lots of pix like that around; I could probably find some at work, or behind my A/V console... Truth is it is almost impossible to route several hundred wires cleanly and as @esm said it rarely lasts past the first day or until the first bad connection. Ours were cleaner when we had a small IT staff on site to deal with them; off-shoring IT support has led to some interesting times.

But, the propane lantern is pretty lame, think that's a new one to me...

welder

God, I wish I still had a picture of the fiber runs at <BigTechCo>'s DC that I spent a few weeks working inside earlier in my career.

It was glorious in it's awfulness. A room-width wall of cabling, half of the room fiber and half of the room ethernet, too dense to stick your hand info, all neatly bundled and wrapped.

At least, that's how it started. But then a few cables had to be replaced or re-run for some reason, and since it was too hard to un-bundle the bad cables or add any new cables to existing bundles, they just added more. And more.

And more.

How you think it will look:
View attachment 14892
How it will actually look:
View attachment 14893

It looks like my every Arduino project on protoboard:)

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
For use during power failures? or maybe the cables block out the light :facepalm:

Sure, but batteries and battery-powered flashlights have been around a long time, and are significantly less hazardous to the user (and the cables).

They probably have a propane burner or stove around for heat as well. In the house. Darwin Award, anyone?

Top Bottom