• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

There is something very, very wrong with today’s music

Jimster480

Major Contributor
Fascinating that someone who illegally and immorally promotes theft of IP (and profits off said theft) and corruption of gaming to the detriment of honest players using their actual skills has the gall to complain about 'censorship' (which it isn't, since what's being whined about was done by private parties/companies and not the government) and 'slander' (also incorrect, but don't let that stop you).

The forum does not allow links to sites that provide illegal file sharing links, I think that should extend to banning illegal software cracks/cheats and other theft of intellectual property. Particularly since it is done for profit. @amirm @AdamG247 @BDWoody is there already a policy on this?
Nothing about what I do is illegal. I'm a software engineer of the highest level and reverse engineer other softwares for a living and have done so for 20 years.
If you know anything about my work you would understand that I balance out a very corrupt world of fake Pro players and big corporations controlling who wins and loses tournaments.
Just because you got your political panties in a bunch because you couldn't handle the fact that I posted the names of a couple Christian conservative artists who you obviously hate now you want to attack me personally. This is the problem with the entire internet and the world at this point in time where people cannot handle any viewpoints that don't go along with their own. You can't have discussion or even mention of something that isn't your 100% Viewpoint and as such anyone needs to be censored or shunned for doing so.

I'm a long time heavily contributing member of this website and part of the reason why this website got thrust into the spotlight through my original out of the box thinking and controversial viewpoints of mainstream audio hardware for which I was shunned on another forum. After coming here and meeting Amir I proved my controversial viewpoints and showed that these cheaper products from topping and smsl actually outperformed Schiit and that they were scamming.
I then went and showed all of this information to relevant parties on various websites and promoted this site through Mass drop by explaining to people the importance of objective reviews and information.

Now because you don't like some artist that I have listened to there is a reason for censorship? And you think that because my business which requires entirely Thinking Out of the Box that I deserve to be censored? This is the opposite of science or objectivity.

Koeitje

Major Contributor
Can we stop talking about politics? Nobody cares about your victim complex because private companies are doing what the free market allows.

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Obviously the esthetics of Surf Music and Deathmetal differ. In terms of musical skill there's no question the Beach Boys were ahead of the curve in their own time, when bands such as those you mention and favor could not exist.

I can listen to Spem in Allium and laugh the lack of musical knowledge of others, but nobody thinks alike now, do we? Let's not dismiss the past on account of said music of the past being so different from what we listen to now.

How does this work sit with you, all of you out there, listening to this?:
The Free Flow, Good Vibrations, and even Vegetables were crowing achievements and regular fans, I mean cars, surf and girls, were not ready for them to go psychedelic. There is very good documentary running now on PBS with Brian Wilson that has some very good insight into his schizophrenia, his genius, and the history of the Beach Boys.

The Beach Boys as good as they were, were barely a surf band and Wilson admits to trying to capitalize on the surfing craze. They were way ahead of curve musically as Robin says and bands like the Who fashioned their harmonies after them in the beginning. This Wikipedia page has good list of the new and old surf bands form all over the world with links. I am a former surfer, surfing from age 13 to 35, living most of my life, even now, next to the Pacific Ocean and I have followed the music along the way. There is a lot similarity to the old school sound in many bands but some like the Merman venture (no pun) into Metal and others like Laika and the Cosmonauts put their Finnish spin on it.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Rick "FTFY" Denney

I feel strangely compelled to share this splash graphic on an email I received this morning from one of my favorite "local" ("regional" is probably more accurate; it's about a 75 minute drive, but some of that's standard-issue ya cahn't get theah from heah New England road infrastructure).

1660159005785.jpeg

AdamG

Debunking the “Infomercial” hawkers & fabricators
Forum Donor
Can we stop talking about politics? Nobody cares about your victim complex because private companies are doing what the free market allows.
Agreed. No political content please. Thank you for your support.

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I feel strangely compelled to share this splash graphic on an email I received this morning from one of my favorite "local" ("regional" is probably more accurate; it's about a 75 minute drive, but some of that's standard-issue ya cahn't get theah from heah New England road infrastructure).

View attachment 223519
We are counting on you go and report back to us, mhardy. ;)

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

View attachment 223519
1660159533173.jpeg

AdamG

Forum Donor

View attachment 223519
I have this strange urge to go seek out the Red Hot Chilli Pipers? Can’t explain it but I find the sound of pipes to be soothing. Maybe I’m attracted to men in kilts. I figured I would say it before anyone else did! :cool:

Digby

Major Contributor
I have this strange urge to go seek out the Red Hot Chilli Pipers? Can’t explain it but I find the sound of pipes to be soothing. Maybe I’m attracted to men in kilts. I figured I would say it before anyone else did! :cool:
The problem you have is nobody else would have made that connection...:oops:

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
When I was in high school (early 1970s) -- there was a person somewhere in the neighborhood who used to practice piping in the middle of the day.
Be outside at just the right (or wrong, depending upon one's perspective) time of day, and the lilting strains of the pipes would be wafting across the campus.

I like 'em too.

Re: kilts...

AdamG

Forum Donor
The problem you have is nobody else would make that connection...:oops:
Yeah they would. I know this Crowd pretty good.

sergeauckland

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I love the sound of the pipes, and banjos for that matter. Less keen on the accordion but even that's better than the horrible noise of pretty much all compressed, limited and clipped pop.

I'm not attracted to Celts in kilts, you may not know where the wind is coming from, but you sure know where it's going.

S

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Its one of the few bands my son and I both like. At least the first album.

Digby

Major Contributor
Yeah they would. I know this Crowd pretty good.
(say in Austrian accent) - Please lie back on ze couch Mr G and when you are feeling completely relaxed, tell me more about zese strange dreams you have been having with ze butch men in skirts.

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I love the sound of the pipes, and banjos for that matter. Less keen on the accordion but even that's better than the horrible noise of pretty much all compressed, limited and clipped pop.

I'm not attracted to Celts in kilts, you may not know where the wind is coming from, but you sure know where it's going.

S
1660162548682.png

Vacceo

Major Contributor
Agreed, I find your input very interesting. My listening tastes don't bump up against these issues often, except cover art and song titles at times. Now cross that over to literature and I am more aware.
Here is a good case where we can learn a lot from "old" music, and again we are on a continuum. Art should push boundaries, in form, subject, thought etc.
My father bought a lot of records that at the time, were forbidden and penalized. I got a couple Black Sabbath records around that he bought under the table. :p

AdamG

Forum Donor
(say in Austrian accent) - Please lie back on ze couch Mr G and when you are feeling completely relaxed, tell me more about zese strange dreams you have been having with ze butch men in skirts.
Of course Doc. I think it all started when I joined the Navy….You just can’t imagine the things you see at sea. I have sworn an oath of silence. What happens at sea stays at sea. Where do you think Vegas got the saying? ;)

Top Bottom