• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Theory Professional new speaker brand

BDE

Dear all,

just found the new speaker brand Theory Professional. What I really like is the publishing of Klippel measurements, this should be standard everywhere!

-> https://www.theoryprofessional.com/products

e.g. sb25
sb25+v1.4+Frequency+Response.jpg

sb25+v1.4+CEA2034+Spinorama.png

sb25+v1.4+SPL+0-90+Degrees+Horizontal.png

sb25+v1.4+Horizontal+Reflections.png

sb25+Horizontal+Contour+Plot.png

In addition, if you compare the sb25 and iw25 you nicely see the impact of enclosure/ in-wall mount onto directivity. So, if you like to have in wall speaker with higher directivity you need to get bigger woofers (e.g. 12") or work with interferences.

Sokel

Master Contributor
A bit limited since one have to use company's amps with DSP (which is probably the reason for that ruler-straight response) to get there.

Speeddeacon

It seems like this brand gets a ton of press accolades after CEDIA for the past several years. I've watched several YouTube sessions from CEDIA-21 to 23 and everyone is just blown away by the experience. Then when you go online to read reviews or owner experiences it's internet silence for the most part. What is out there is a few years old. I'd like to hear them and am consideringg it, but literally nobody talks about them outside of the media events, which is weird. If they are as good as they say, why is nobody talking about them. They aren't that new. You see Powersound Audio, JTR, Arendal, JBL and Perlisten all over the net, yet very little on Theory Audio Design. Price is right in line with those other brands. Paul Hales is a legendary icon in the speaker design industry so there's certainly some credibilty there.

My biggest stumbling block is the proprietary nature of a system. I get it it, JBL Synthesis is similar. It's a Pro Audio model to a certain degree. But it's hard to transition from an existing system to a closed system for those of us looking to upgrade what we already own rather than start from scratch.

Anyway, I'd like to see some real world discussion on this brand.

My biggest stumbling block is the proprietary nature of a system. I get it it, JBL Synthesis is similar. It's a Pro Audio model to a certain degree.

They probably prefer to sell entire packages, so there is a greater degree of quality control with the final sound system. The commercial spaces or luxury home installs won't generate many brand specific reviews, but the company appears to have a good story, approach and technology. I have no experience with them. I do hope to listen to some of their speakers one day.

gnarly

Major Contributor
My biggest stumbling block is the proprietary nature of a system. I get it it, JBL Synthesis is similar. It's a Pro Audio model to a certain degree. But it's hard to transition from an existing system to a closed system for those of us looking to upgrade what we already own rather than start from scratch.

Yeah, it does take a complete rethink, and then abandonment of the traditional route of us choosing components.

I think it's more than worth it though.

It's a heck of a task to best a measurement-based manufacturer, who matches up all the components ....and truly optimizes loudspeaker processing and management.

Top Bottom