• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). There are daily reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The Yamaha R-N803 seems to be just a total winner - What am I missing...?

nemanja_t

Forum Donor
For me, Music Cast ist great advantage over competition. Yes, you could have Raspberry PI and etc., but for everything to work flawlessly with more users und in multiple rooms, with good UI, I have not found better solution in consumer electronics.

Snoopy

Addicted to Fun and Learning
MusicCast works faultlessly ! I agree
I had the Yamaha WXA50 for a few months and musiccast despite being hardwired was causing all kinds of problems.

Not a fan of musiccast.

Yamaha is great. I had Yamaha amps for the last 15 years .. nothing to complain.

With a Raspberry Pi 4 and roon I would definitely get another Yamaha

Marcin2000

To current 803 owners, how do you connect power amp to this unit? When using just Out on the back, I have no volume control and blasted my speakers. Is there a setting in menu to make them preamp Out?

Overseas

No main in or preout, it is fully 'integrated' in the sense that it is fully autonomous and cannot be linked to any other separates, except sources (DAC, cd, streamer, tv etc). Still, great piece of plug n play kit.

Top Bottom