• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The Worst Album Covers

KellenVancouver

Addicted to Fun and Learning
bad-album-cover-2.jpg

It would be creepy regardless, but the expressions on their faces...
OMG, this is such a major cringe...

KellenVancouver

Berrante do tempo translates into time of gaudiness. Ain't it the truth...
1649786876648.png

MCH

Major Contributor
Have you actually seen this one IRL? It's an epic album cover, likely pricey to manufacture as well. Very detailed too.
I can make a few pictures later if you want to.
Agree, there are editions with thick cardboard inserts, epic!. And if you go to nyc you can make your own:
Screenshot_20220412-211001_Maps.jpg
btw, i think to remember that the shop in the basement was called physical graffiti??

KellenVancouver

The 1960s were just so... weird. And not in a good way. Not sure which of these two is worse. I'm thinking the "quartet" that can't seem to count...

1649789049460.png

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Agree, there are editions with thick cardboard inserts, epic!. And if you go to nyc you can make your own:
View attachment 199437
btw, i think to remember that the shop in the basement was called physical graffiti??
The album i have has the windows cut out and depending on how you put the inner cover in, there are different things to discover in the windows.

Reactions: MCH

KellenVancouver

The amazing thing is that all these "artists" thought they were putting their best, most marketable ideas out there to promote sales. Doesn't this image just make you want to hang around with cool dude Larry to drink booze until the wee hours of the morning?

1649829632838.png

pavuol

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Either this looks explicit or my visual perception is perverted warped lol..

[Imperial Bedroom is the seventh album by Elvis Costello and his sixth album recorded with The Attactions. Released in 1982..]
LTE4MzguanBlZw.jpeg

bluefuzz

Major Contributor
Either this looks explicit or my visual perception is perverted warped lol
That's a Barney Bubbles design. One of the greatest album cover artists ever IMO. He did, amongst others Hawkwind's In Search of Space (and several other Hawkwind albums, Many Elvis Costello covers including Armed Forces, Damned Music for Pleasure, Ian Dury's New Boots and Panties. Much of his work was uncredited.

Top Bottom