• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The World's First Power Amplifier with SINAD over 120!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Yes he does. He knows very well what he is doing, which cannot be said about many posters here.
Some posters here seem to have a mission to just complain. Is it your position that consumers would be better served with no measurements as opposed to having mine?

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I previously had two Behringer A800 amplifier, when I bench tested them I found I could achieve the same power that Amir did but only for about 10 seconds at which time a limiter kicked in and power output dropped. Maybe it was a design change from the amplifier that Amir reviewed but it has certainly made me a bit wary of ASR power sweeps
I did one continuous test and blew up an amplifier. Such a test doesn't represent music listening so I can't defend it either.

pma

Major Contributor
Yes but a continuos test tells something about the design competence and reliability. It separates toys from real amplifiers. JA is always doing a 30 min preconditioning at about half maximum power, now maybe at 1/8 power.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Understood. For my own curiosity, how long does that power sweep test take?
I am just estimating but I think it is one minute from start to finish. About 5 to 10 seconds are under heavy load. Timing is variable and depends on how stable thd+n readings are.

192kbps

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I am just estimating but I think it is one minute from start to finish. About 5 to 10 seconds are under heavy load. Timing is variable and depends on how stable thd+n readings are.
amirm, What amp did you use to test the speakers? AHB2?

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Yes but a continuos test tells something about the design competence and reliability.
I am not here to assess reliability, nor is any other review site. You don't even know the ambient temp for their tests. Or level of airfliw.

192kbps

Attachments

• 36f37be63f5ee285.jpg
    36f37be63f5ee285.jpg
    459.8 KB · Views: 149

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Measurements.
Mark Levinson or AHB2?
Neither. I use a Behringer pro amplifier. The amp needs to be powerful, run cool and reliable for hours on end during testing. FYI its frequency response is compensated to flat by Klippel analyzer.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
JA is always doing a 30 min preconditioning at about half maximum power, now maybe at 1/8 power.
I also do preconditioning during warm up. I actually post this result to the extent performance varies. I see no point in continuing to "condition" an amp once its performance has stabilized:

index.php

You don't get this type of measurements from JA, do you...

Eldus

192kbps

Neither. I use a Behringer pro amplifier. The amp needs to be powerful, run cool and reliable for hours on end during testing. FYI its frequency response is compensated to flat by Klippel analyzer.
When listening test, use PA5?

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Much ado about nothing. You lot complain about a product that's not out, let alone measured reliably by a 3rd party.

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Some are apparently pre-bashing the product , before much is known about it :) just in case .

Is there any preliminary specs known ? Power per channel ?

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
When listening test, use PA5?
In near-field and recently, yes. Before that, I used my Purifi reference design for that use. The main 2-channel system is powered by Mark Levinson reference amplifier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom