• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The Wheel of Time TV series

Svet Angelov

Me and the missus managed to reach the second season, but I just can't do it anymore. The acting, the special effects, the dialogue, all of it is so bland and awful that I don't know how Rosamund Pike ever said yes to filming it. I loved her in "Gone Girl" and "I care a lot".

ta240

Major Contributor
I just watched the season finale. Sooooo many changes and for what? I really don't understand the need to license a successful series of books, get enormous funding and free reigns to do whatever they want, and change most of the story!
WARNING SPOILER ALERT:

I haven't read the books but they spent so much time in the first season building up to how amazingly powerful the Dragon Reborn would be and then the big battle between him and The Dark One was such a letdown. I wanted to see Moiraine and Rand kick some serious butt. Instead we got a hike through the super dangerous blight, where nothing really happened and he took a nap on some of it; leading to a large hole in the ground, then to a dream sequence and finally to holding a carved figure while the bad guy yells "I'm melting" (or something like that).
It felt like they ran out of money so they had to simplify the episode, but I'm guessing it was done to focus the ending on a different character type.
Also, while I do get bummed when they kill off characters I like in shows, it takes the drama out of the show when they can so easily be brought back to life.

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
S3 finished filming at the end of March. Possible to get it released still this year. Though I'm not expecting we'll see it until early '25.

Top Bottom