• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The VSX-LX505 or TX-RZ50

Dougey_Jones

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Tempted to buy one of these Pioneer 505s for $750 even though I already have an RZ50 and too many other AVRs... lol, I probably shouldn't unless I can sell my two old Denons.
Do we know if the Pioneer is also getting the firmware update with preamp mode like the RZ models are getting?

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Do we know if the Pioneer is also getting the firmware update with preamp mode like the RZ models are getting?
Which models are to receive the preamp mode?

Dougey_Jones

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Which models are to receive the preamp mode?
There was a whole thread about it here. RZ50
and RZ70.

dlaloum

Major Contributor
Only the RZ70 is getting that update as far as I know, and that would imply the LX805 and DRX8.4, but not the LX505 and LX305...

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Only the RZ70 is getting that update as far as I know, and that would imply the LX805 and DRX8.4, but not the LX505 and LX305...
that's what I thought.

youra6

Its 650 on Adorama right now via SD. Its only available by affiliate link so I won't post it. But here is the SD thread on it.

Lazer

I have a TSR-700 NIB for my theater under construction. It was an uneducated impulse buy at Costco. Now I want 7.1*3.4. But, I want champagne on beer money. Somehow the more I learn about this stuff the more money I spend... and my theater has been slowly under construction for over a year with nearly everything I need with warranties fading away like farts in the wind.

I'd been eyeballing the A8A and was bummed I missed the $1499 refurb sale. But, as I started to settle on 9.2 w/ external amp (originally for LCR), and, learning about the benefits of Dirac Live over YPAO I ended up nearly ready to buy the refurb RZ50 for $899 from accessories4less. Then moments ago, I saw the LX505 Adorama link in this awesome discussion.

To get to 7.1*3.4 for $650 (plus a $75ish 2 channel amp) with Dirac Live and 3 year warranty, I figured I'm losing money if I don't buy it.

$650 is a steal. Just ordered mine too.

Golfx

Forum Donor
I have a TSR-700 NIB for my theater under construction. It was an uneducated impulse buy at Costco. Now I want 7.1*3.4. But, I want champagne on beer money. Somehow the more I learn about this stuff the more money I spend... and my theater has been slowly under construction for over a year with nearly everything I need with warranties fading away like farts in the wind.

I'd been eyeballing the A8A and was bummed I missed the $1499 refurb sale. But, as I started to settle on 9.2 w/ external amp (originally for LCR), and, learning about the benefits of Dirac Live over YPAO I ended up nearly ready to buy the refurb RZ50 for $899 from accessories4less. Then moments ago, I saw the LX505 Adorama link in this awesome discussion.

To get to 7.1*3.4 for $650 (plus a $75ish 2 channel amp) with Dirac Live and 3 year warranty, I figured I'm losing money if I don't buy it.

$650 is a steal. Just ordered mine too.
Welcome to the community and our addiction. I have enjoyed my journey and the knowledge I have gained. You will too.

Top Bottom