• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!
OP
CuteStudio

CuteStudio

Hi Cute,

Im sorry but I havent tried it out yet

Oh I see, Ah. Well, please post back when you have - I'd be very interesting in your findings! Please highlight any issues you have, it's all very useful feedback.

BTW Your name BE718 appears to be an Usher speaker, I have the Compass X-718, great speakers. Your avatar shows ribbon speakers though - what are they?

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
Oh I see, Ah. Well, please post back when you have - I'd be very interesting in your findings! Please highlight any issues you have, it's all very useful feedback.

BTW Your name BE718 appears to be an Usher speaker, I have the Compass X-718, great speakers. Your avatar shows ribbon speakers though - what are they?

Yes I used to have BE718s but recently designed my own DSP active speakers. See below for details, the tweeters are not actually ribbons they are AMT.

https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/3-way-dsp-xo.991/

OP
CuteStudio

CuteStudio

Yes I used to have BE718s but recently designed my own DSP active speakers. See below for details, the tweeters are not actually ribbons they are AMT.

https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/3-way-dsp-xo.991/

What a great project!! Very impressed by the DIY aspect and great finish.

Your design ticks all my boxes too: An amplifier per driver (Class-D is an excellent choice), external digital crossover and a detail that many miss - getting the XO points outside of the most audible band. This is so rare and I suspect probably a large part of the clarity you'll get.
I wouldn't add 'protective' capacitors to the tweeters TBH - they'll add distortion. Soft-start and care is better.

The only suggestion I'd make would be for your next project - upward firing (into inverted cones) treble/mid to eliminate frequency dependant beaming from forward facing drivers :D

Top Bottom