• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The quintessential 80s pop song?

Music707

I can't help reminding of the Traveling Wilburys. With their individual careers those musicians represent such an impressive part of Rock/Pop music.

dBiz

Wow. That is ... Idk what that is. Very 80s. Not a pop song really but very 80s.

You made me go listen again to the albums he made with John Abercrombie.
Well... there are a "few" songs on the list that you might not call pop but you can't deny the video screams 80's.
Don't want to start a war but at least the show used original music for the theme. They could have just used a song by The Who... :cool:
This thread has made me listen to a bunch of songs I forgot about. Thank you for kicking off a great thread. BTW, I've tried to keep up with the Spotify playlist to songs added.

OP
Multicore

Multicore

Major Contributor
Don't want to start a war but at least the show used original music for the theme.
Indeed. Hammer has done a lot of innovative work in a variety of contexts. This theme music is solid for its purpose. But the video ... the quick use of guitar ... and then a keytar ... omig ... perfectly 80s. So thanks for that.

And thanks for the playlist too.

ribonucleic

If I had only one 45 to shoot into space to let alien species know that 1980s popular music sounded like, it would be Deniece Williams' "Let's Hear It For The Boy".

pderousse

Top Bottom