• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The Purifi Eigentakt Is My Dream Amplifier

DACslut

Probably a dual monoblock configuration to be specific. The combination of super clean output power, low impedance rating, compact design, simplicity, Class D efficiency, etc., what more can you ask for? Are there any feature-laden integrated amplifiers or receivers based on this design yet?

What's your amplifier fantasy and why?

Last edited:
OP
D

DACslut

NYfan2

Forum Donor

NYfan2

Forum Donor

NYfan2

Forum Donor
Maybe if cost is completely no object a pair of McIntosh MC 1.25kW.
Just to enjoy the blue VU meters and endless amounts of power.
But ofcourse these are not class D

diddley

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I just bought an A/B amp just because it's been proven reliable, relatively cheap low distortion and sounds perfect and something my speakers can handle.And because i'm conservative.
But I know this amp will still work in 10 years from now.

OP
D

DACslut

Maybe if cost is completely no object a pair of McIntosh MC 1.25kW.
Just to enjoy the blue VU meters and endless amounts of power.
But ofcourse these are not class D

Wow, wouldn't you have to have a special breaker box installed for those beasts, not to mention a climate controlled environment for cooling?

NYfan2

Forum Donor
Wow, wouldn't you have to have a special breaker box installed for those beasts, not to mention a climate controlled environment for cooling?
I guess if you can afford McIntosh you also can afford a climate controlled listening room, indeed these can get hot.

Billy Budapest

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
D

DACslut

I just bought an A/B amp just because it's been proven reliable, relatively cheap low distortion and sounds perfect and something my speakers can handle.And because i'm conservative.
But I know this amp will still work in 10 years from now.

Which one? Just curious, no biggie if you wanna keep it a secret.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
You need to have better dreams. ;)

The Purifi is a kid's toy compared to a pair of these:
1627768252474.png

https://halcro.com/product/eclipse-mono/

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I doubt Purifi is any better than loads of Hypex and IcePower amplifiers. These days electronics mesure so well many are better than they need to be.

Last edited:

eriksson

Forum Donor
I have been wondering about the word "Eigentakt" Purifi uses and searched for it on the web. This came up.
The specific name "Eigentakt" is the type of German language that can't be found in the standard dictionaries. It translates in self-oscillating, which in turn exactly describes the characteristics of that very Class D amplifier.[...]
https://audiophilestyle.com/ca/bits-and-bytes/meeting-the-experts-of purifi-in-munich-r801/

Beforehand I thought the Danes borrowed this German name for marketing purposes. It has robust ring to it, well at least it sounds very high-tech to me. But after reading the explanation I almost hit my head because I should have understood it right away. Eignentakt in Icelandic would be Eigin-taktur. Smilar eh? And once I saw this it's very transparent and self explanatory. Eigin means "own" and takt or taktur means "beat" own-beat, self oscillating ...

Now after making this totally off topic comment I need another beer! Cheers!

Ps; I agree with the OP, Purifi Eigentakt is on the bucket list, but we NEED big VU meters to go with it!
siama8crkh931.jpg

OP
D

DACslut

I have been wondering about the word "Eigentakt" Purifi uses and searched for it on the web. This came up.

https://audiophilestyle.com/ca/bits-and-bytes/meeting-the-experts-of purifi-in-munich-r801/

Beforehand I thought the Danes borrowed this German name for marketing purposes. It has robust ring to it, well at least it sounds very high-tech to me. But after reading the explanation I almost hit my head because I should have understood it right away. Eignentakt in Icelandic would be Eigin-taktur. Smilar eh? And once I saw this it's very transparent and self explanatory. Eigin means "own" and takt or taktur means "beat" own-beat, self oscillating ...

Now after making this totally off topic comment I need another beer! Cheers!

Ps; I agree with the OP, Purifi Eigentakt is on the bucket list, but we NEED big VU meters to go with it!
siama8crkh931.jpg

Thanks for the info. I thought it was the amp designer's surname.

Top Bottom