• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The prize for this year's Hifi product goes to ...

DanielT

Major Contributor
New Hifi products released this year.What do you think? Something you read about or bought yourself. This is not a scientific study, mostly intended as a fun thing now that it's dark outside. Spread the Christmas HiFi light.:)

Please it's soon Christmas so do not scold each other and argue that what has been suggested is not the best. Everyone can suggest what the person wants.

What do you vote for?

Okay, a little early to hand out the prize, there may be something new now in December, but still.:)

Edit:
After the proposals roll into the thread, I will towards the end of December compile a list of those who figured most in this thread and create a poll.

Last edited:

Karu

Forum Donor
Directiva r1 - as a concept but also execution of v1

OP
DanielT

DanielT

Major Contributor
Directiva r1 - as a concept but also execution of v1
Do you mean this one?

Perfect with tips and inspiration. Now I get the urge to go to the hardware store, the wood company and then take out the toolbox. He he.:)

Edit:
... wow! ..

Frgirard

Major Contributor
New Hifi products released this year.What do you think? Something you read about or bought yourself. This is not a scientific study, mostly intended as a fun thing now that it's dark outside. Spread the Christmas HiFi light.:)

Please it's soon Christmas so do not scold each other and argue that what has been suggested is not the best. Everyone can suggest what the person wants.

What do you vote for?

Okay, a little early to hand out the prize, there may be something new now in December, but still.:)

Edit:
After the proposals roll into the thread, I will towards the end of December compile a list of those who figured most in this thread and create a poll.
I vote for buy nothing until my rme babyface works and same thing for my kh420.

Frgirard

Major Contributor
Hope you make them work. Do you have a guarantee left on them?
The babyface 2010
The kh420 2016
The k+h300 2009
The computer home made 2011
Palmer Monicon 2014.
Laptop Toshiba 2010

All warranties are finished.

The computer, the babyface and the kh420 works 5/6h per day.

OP
DanielT

DanielT

Major Contributor
Spotify HiFi ;)

I want to believe...the truth is out there...
2615930_0.jpg

Somafunk

Major Contributor
Apple spatial audio………..

Nah, just kidding.

eddantes

Addicted to Fun and Learning
From my "focused on value" pov:
  • Topping E50+PA5 DAC/PRE/AMP combo is probably has the highest $/SINAD since ... I dunno...
I'd love to give the Directiva my vote, but those drivers (and the active xover) just make it too dear to score high on my "value" axis... So as speakers go - I can't really name one that stood out this year.

Bonus: Not sure if this year (probably not) ... but ... HE400SE / Qudekix 5K combo gets you into headphone nirvana for the cost of a bowl of rice.

BoredErica

1st place: Motu Ultralite Mk5. Multiple balanced outputs + adc for a measurement mic or normal xlr mic + transparent headphone amp that outperforms by o2 in an all in one package that isn't excessively expensive. I'd like to see noise even lower, but this is already really good, especially since it's an AIO unit that does so much.

2nd place: Topping Pa5, because I like really low noise and low gain for the low noise. Also like saving money and not buying ahb2.

3rd place: Dan Clarke Stealth.

imo 2021 has been a exciting year due to these 3 alone.

OP
DanielT

DanielT

Major Contributor
Apple spatial audio………..

Nah, just kidding.
Apple released lossless, without a price increase, this year. It must definitely be on the list.:)

When I think about it. Streaming providers this year. A lot has happened,... minus Spotify. Although 25 days left ...

Last edited:

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Loxjie A30 Amplifier​

So many features and great measurements. Turn your computer or second TV setup into a concert hall for not much $$$.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Last edited:

BoredErica

Top Bottom