• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The price of popularity - forum SINAD

KSTR

Major Contributor
Why not use "New posts" instead of "What's new"?
Has the same 10 page limit.

I'd really like to have it like this:
"load more" appends pages ad infinitum (until page 1000, that is).

You can shortcut and actually specify the start page in the url directly and start the same process from there:

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Perhaps ASR is going through its difficult adolescent period?
Topping has been taking some hits to the abdomen due to product failures and that affects ASR and the amount of web hits at ASR has increased substantially so yes we have more newbies consuming rather than producing.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
the algorithm would work pretty well and would reduce the signal to noise by a fair amount with of course a few errors. Another option is to agressively filter people out ...
I find the present flow and rate of commentary to be fairly easy to manage. I drop in and out as I please.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Sadly, the base-level noise floor at ASR has risen exponentially of late. To such an extent, I often type a carefully structured and technical reply to help someone, only to just delete the draft and go do something else. Life is too short and I don't feel like unnecessary explanations, arguments and potential disagreements.
I've done that too. Not everyday but it happens. This is what the OP explained in his first posting. B U R N - O U T

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Do your own noise shaping, ignore what's of no value to you and follow a few folks that are .
I do this^. I select the, "Watched" stuff then I select the nik-names that I am familiar with and then finally I read all of the remainder of threads. It's skimming and scanning and then reading what is of value. I can cover all threads in short while and then I'm up to date and then just hit every new comment. It's not a big deal. :D

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The other day I save one tread where the posters compared the same subjective nonsense on some DAC’s just like any other forum with a light sprinkle of sceptical post trying to make some sense , also just like any other forum ?

I’ve sad this before a big part of the membership does not conform with the ethos of this forum ( as I interpreted it when signing up ) I think they are the majority now ?

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Bad idea. :D
Some days I want to do five posts, other weeks I only want to do two. I'm sure there are any number of members like me. I try to only post when I feel I have something to say which I think is true of most everyone here. The mods do a great job of weeding out the trolls, which just leaves those seeking knowledge to learn from one another.

And of course we should always be welcoming to newbies, even the ones not especially technically savvy, maybe especially those people. We have people here with all levels of knowledge and expertise on matters audio. Part of our purpose is to learn and share knowledge and have fun doing it. Everyone should be welcome and welcoming. It will make our forum stronger.

Top Bottom