• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The post in which Darko basically tells anyone who isn't a rich rube to ignore him and audiophilia in general

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Or, they might be fully in synch with you on that far more fundamental question but just don't think that the analogy is a particularly useful analogy. People don't generally have it beat into their heads from a very early age that information encoded in a discrete, non-continuous fashion is inherently evil. Very many people who reject Darwin's theory (of evolution by the means of natural selection) were taught from a very young age that Darwin's theory is actually the work of the devil. Lots of people are programmed to believe this. I doubt very much if when Fremer was a child he was programmed to believe that discrete encoding of music is the work of the devil.

Psychoanalyzing Fremer has already consumed more of my neurons than I cared to shed on such a low ROI topic.

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I suspect most of you have seen this intro to Michael Fremer at home. Boggles the mind. Most people would look at it and say he's a hoarder. Amazing to hear him wax rhapsodic about cables and amplifiers in that awful space. Notice he issues a cable challenge?

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
I suspect most of you have seen this intro to Michael Fremer at home. Boggles the mind. Most people would look at it and say he's a hoarder. Amazing to hear him wax rhapsodic about cables and amplifiers in that awful space. Notice he issues a cable challenge?

I fell asleep at 8:35

Too much boar stew + too much rambling.

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I fell asleep at 8:35

Too much boar stew + too much rambling.
Then you missed the guitar and vocals at 37 minutes or so. Yikes!

How many times does he say "I know, I just know it sounds better"?

superczar

I could only make it till 4:51
Till I met those $18,000 cables and the vast open prairie land they created in that near claustrophobia inducing space

Top Bottom