• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The other Amir...

TheOtherAmir

Hi all! Been lurking around here for a while, reading and enjoying the contents, especially the reviews by Amir. The other day I was exchanging private messages with someone in another forum regarding an item he was selling and when he saw my email address, he excitedly asked me if I'm "THE" Amir from ASR because if so, he really enjoys the contents and that he's a member here, to which I said I am and asked him for some much-needed donations.......... I joke of course :) But I thought it's high time for me to actually become a member here, and what better ID than TheOtherAmir since I am, after all, an Amir also, alas with MUCH less audio science knowledge and acumen than the one and only Amir... Anywhooooo, thought to post a quick intro here and to say hello. I'm not new to this hobby but I'm not nearly as serious or knowledgeable about it as many others I come across in various forums, which is good since it means I can always learn something new.

Last edited:

Zensō

Major Contributor
Hi all! Been lurking around here for a while, reading and enjoying the contents, especially the reviews by Amir. The other day I was exchanging private messages with someone in another forum regarding an item he was selling and when he saw my email address, he excitedly asked me if I'm "THE" Amir from ASR because if so he really enjoys the contents he's a member here, to which I said I am and asked him for some much-needed donations.......... I joke of course :) But I thought it's high time for me to actually become a member here, and what better ID than TheOtherAmir since I am, after all, an Amir also, alas with MUCH less audio science knowledge and acumen than the one and only Amir... Anywhooooo, thought to post a quick intro here and to say hello. I'm not new to this hobby but I'm not nearly as serious or knowledgeable about it as many others I come across in various forums, which is good since it means I can always learn something new.
Welcome!

North_Sky

Major Contributor
That's super cool. :cool:

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Welcome aboard. Reminds of a story :).

My wife and I were in Quebec Canada shortly after we married. We made a reservation at a restaurant. When we got there, there was a huge crowd waiting outside. I asked if they had reservations and they said yes! Annoyed that even with reservation you had to wait, I go inside. As soon as I give my name the Maître D all of a sudden lights up and instantly takes us to a table! What followed was fantastic service and food. The best we had there. It was the end of the dinner when the owner comes over and asks me about my brother. Surprised, I asked what brother? He asks are you Amir, brother of so and so? I had to burst his bubble and say no. :) Apparently they had mistaken me for someone else. They were still great about it.

I don't remember my name doing me some good since then until now. :)

OP
TheOtherAmir

TheOtherAmir

My wife and I were in Quebec Canada shortly after we married. We made a reservation at a restaurant. When we got there, there was a huge crowd waiting outside. I asked if they had reservations and they said yes! Annoyed that even with reservation you had to wait, I go inside. As soon as I give my name the Maître D all of a sudden lights up and instantly takes us to a table! What followed was fantastic service and food. The best we had there. It was the end of the dinner when the owner comes over and asks me about my brother. Surprised, I asked what brother? Who says are you Amir, brother of so and so? I had to burst his bubble and say no. :) Apparently they had mistaken me for someone else. They were still great about it.

hahaha that's awesome! Thanks for sharing. The most famous Amir I've ever been confused for is......... you guessed it.... YOU! :-D And I'm totally fine with it. Thanks again for this website and all your invaluable contributions to the science of audio!

Canuck57

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Great story Amir! Quebec City is a beautiful city!

stunta

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

My wife and I were in Quebec Canada shortly after we married. We made a reservation at a restaurant. When we got there, there was a huge crowd waiting outside. I asked if they had reservations and they said yes! Annoyed that even with reservation you had to wait, I go inside. As soon as I give my name the Maître D all of a sudden lights up and instantly takes us to a table! What followed was fantastic service and food. The best we had there. It was the end of the dinner when the owner comes over and asks me about my brother. Surprised, I asked what brother? He asks are you Amir, brother of so and so? I had to burst his bubble and say no. :) Apparently they had mistaken me for someone else. They were still great about it.

What is the name of that restaurant? If I go there, I will make a reservation under your name :D

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi all! Been lurking around here for a while, reading and enjoying the contents, especially the reviews by Amir. The other day I was exchanging private messages with someone in another forum regarding an item he was selling and when he saw my email address, he excitedly asked me if I'm "THE" Amir from ASR because if so, he really enjoys the contents and that he's a member here, to which I said I am and asked him for some much-needed donations.......... I joke of course :) But I thought it's high time for me to actually become a member here, and what better ID than TheOtherAmir since I am, after all, an Amir also, alas with MUCH less audio science knowledge and acumen than the one and only Amir... Anywhooooo, thought to post a quick intro here and to say hello. I'm not new to this hobby but I'm not nearly as serious or knowledgeable about it as many others I come across in various forums, which is good since it means I can always learn something new.
Welcome to ASR @TheOtherAmir :D

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Great story Amir! Quebec City is a beautiful city!
I gotta go to Quebec City. I've heard so may good things about it. Just a weekend of going out for snacks and hanging about seeing the sights. Unfortunately I can fly to London for less. :D

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
What is the name of that restaurant? If I go there, I will make a reservation under your name :D
:D This was decades ago. I remember it was the first time I had frog legs. And enjoyed it a lot. It was a European restaurant. Maybe French or Italian.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I gotta go to Quebec City. I've heard so may good things about it. Just a weekend of going out for snacks and hanging about seeing the sights. Unfortunately I can fly to London for less. :D
I was shocked how tough it is to get there from west coast of US. I had a photography trip planned to Bonaventure Island of the coast of New Brunswick (one of the largest populations of northern gannet lives there). It was like four flights and crazy number of hours. I could go to Europe as you say in less time and aggravation.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
:D This was decades ago. I remember it was the first time I had frog legs. And enjoyed it a lot. It was a European restaurant. Maybe French or Italian.
Yummy. I grew up with thousands of Italians, spoke some at one time in my younger years and even now 35 years later I still eat Italian like I am one but I'm from Celtic ancestry. One is what one eats. :D

Top Bottom