• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The next big step

Extra

Hi everybody,
I'm a newcomer into the HiFi world. I was thinking that maybe the time has come to make the next big move, and I would like to ask your help about the question.
Currently, I use HD streaming mobile apps to listen to the music (Amazon music, qobuz, etc.), and I will continue to do so in the coming years very likely.
The sort of music I use to listen to is quite varied (not metal & similars, however), probably electronic for the most. In case someone of you knows these songs and recognize the genres, here are some random picks I took from my playlist:

Egzod - Mirage
Lukhash - H8 U 2
So Below - Bone
Post Malone - Hollywood's Bleeding
4RR - Hide

Given these premises, what would you suggest to me in terms of DAC/Amp/cables/whatever and earphones/headphones in order to extract the maximum audio quality from the smartphone (or a notebook without internal audio card)? What could be the best combination possible, the one you would choose, given a budget cap of around 400€? I also add that I will use the devices to listen to the music at home most of the time, although I would also appreciate the possibility to do that outside without annoying everyone, and that I don't really care about dimensions, weight, ergonomics, and so on.
Finally, independently of the specific equipment, should I better use another app instead of those I mentioned earlier to properly drive the earphones/headphones?

Thanks in advance for your availability!

Top Bottom