• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The New Mainstream Audio Press As Aggregated by Dailyaudiophile.com

suttondesign

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I've been wondering when dailyaudiophile.com would add audiosciencereview.com to the compendium, or even to the list of audio-related sites. So far, nothing. I wonder why? Yet that site keeps adding pure subjective sites with useless content.

I note, for those interested in headphones, the objective measurements and commentary at https://diyaudioheaven.wordpress.com. (Also not listed on dailyaudiophile.com!). With innerfidelity having gone full-on subjective, the diyaudioheaven site is a good resource.

I think, as a devotee of both Audeze and Senn HD800, HD600, and HD650, that the subjective experience with those cans is well explained by the measurements. I've had a long love affair with the HD800's -- they're my go-to cans -- but I've modded them inside the cups and also equalized them to make them listenable for more than 15 minutes with that atrocious 6khz peak. I had done that long before I understood the measured parameters; the flaw is glaring. It's nice to understand why. With the Audeze cans, what's nice to have confirmed is the negligible distortion, which makes them oh-so-listenable apart from the sweaty ear, suction, and weight problems. Sigh.

Top Bottom