• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The New King?

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Now, i just need a cheap, tiny electrostatic speaker that is ruler flat to 20 Hz

Massimo

There are already so many DACs that measure exceptionally well. The problem that needs to be addressed is operability and reliability, particularly by SMSL, Khadas, Topping, Matrix, etc.

Slayer

Addicted to Fun and Learning
There are already so many DACs that measure exceptionally well. The problem that needs to be addressed is operability and reliability, particularly by SMSL, Khadas, Topping, Matrix, etc.
This ^^^^^^ 100%. Does no good for Topping to keep churning out new DAC's when people keep complaining about the same issues that seem to be prevalent across their DAC lineup's. Click's, pop's, dropouts etc.

das

Forum Donor
I found the release of today - Topping D90SE - very impressive - I was holding out for the Holo May - but maybe not.

Tks

Major Contributor
Lol crosstalk doesn't exist, even at -160dB there's literally a blip and that's it.

I'm happy to see the shift to ESS though for sure. We need a DX9 Pro though, too many DACs atm >_<

mocenigo

Major Contributor
Lol crosstalk doesn't exist, even at -160dB there's literally a blip and that's it.

Are you looking at the diagram marked "12K25616AVG" ?
I think that one and the following ones are about Jitter (at 48Khz sampling frequency).
The crosstalk is the one above ;-)

But that means that there is essentially *no* jitter - from that point of view this may be one of the lowest jitter devices on the planet, irrespective or price.

Last edited:

ShiZo

Forum Donor
The suspense on this release is killing me...

TheTalbotHound

Forum Donor
Are you looking at the diagram marked "12K25616AVG" ?
I think that one and the following ones are about Jitter (at 48Khz sampling frequency).
The crosstalk is the one above ;-)

But that means that there is essentially *no* jitter - from that point of view this may be one of the lowest jitter devices on the planet, irrespective or price.

Yeah. Crosstalk itself though is the only measurement that the D90SE does not ace. Compare crosstalk for this to the crosstalk of the Gustard X26 Pro, especially in the treble.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The SE is probably a good opportunity to switch DAC chip supplier since AKM went up in flames, while at the same time rising to the top of the charts for pure marketing and bragging rights. Seems alright to me! :)

mocenigo

Major Contributor
Yeah. Crosstalk itself though is the only measurement that the D90SE does not ace. Compare crosstalk for this to the crosstalk of the Gustard X26 Pro, especially in the treble.

Probably because it is a single 9038 solution. And I guess it not due to the fact itself that it is two chips instead of one, but using two chips allows to have the tracks on the PCB farther from each other, reducing inductive coupling. But, really, -113Db of separation at 20Khz is overkill also for audiophile bats. Even the around -118Db of separation at roughly 13Khz it probably 90Db more than we can hear at that frequency... So, yeah, they missed THOSE bragging rights (also, real world music signals are not that separated anyway). I could live with that.

ShiZo

Forum Donor
D70s crosstalk is out of this world.

Top Bottom