• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The New King?

ti33er

...what is the price bracket we’re talking about on this NDA Product please?

D

Deleted member 13028

...what is the price bracket we’re talking about on this NDA Product please?
I am assuming it runs on electricity, and the cheapest product that utilizes electricity I have found was around 1$. The upper range for audio products is not considered a 'solved' problem, but one could predict the roof being < TREE(3).

ti33er

Yeah well it makes a difference if we are talking under £500, or over £1000 etc. for me and others to mull over waiting, exasperatingly...

ti33er

over £1000
Argh, okay you have me in limbo now :) thanks

PS. Can you say if it have anything that can smooth over the high frequencies...my Cambridge Audio EDGE-A (ESS 9018) and Bowers 805D3 are quite bright together - was looking at the SMSL SU-9 (tube mode) or the Gustard X26 Pro (more than I wanted to spend but reviews claim highly resolving without ESS glare)!

Eetu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Really interested knowing what the DAC is!!
PS. Can you say if it have anything that can smooth over the high frequencies...my Cambridge Audio EDGE-A (ESS 9018) and Bowers 805D3 are quite bright together - was looking at the SMSL SU-9 (tube mode) or the Gustard X26 Pro (more than I wanted to spend but reviews claim highly resolving without ESS glare)!
Sorry, don't want to take this offtopic but pretty sure it's the speakers that are bright. The DACs themselves are fine (neutral). Why not use EQ? Look at the Stereophile review as a start then adjust to taste (or alternatively take some gated nearfield measurements).

ti33er

The Speakers are bright, but some DACs render the HF slightly differently; ESS in general has a ‘hump’/glare, however the SMSL SU-9 has Tube mode and the Gustard X26 Pro has other filters to roll off HF and the ESS glare appears to not register through respectable engineering on these

Eetu

Forum Donor
The Speakers are bright, but some DACs render the HF slightly differently; ESS in general has a ‘hump’/glare, however the SMSL SU-9 has Tube mode and the Gustard X26 Pro has other filters to roll off HF and the ESS glare appears to not register through respectable engineering on these
Ok, can't help thinking it would be a lot more (cost-) effective going the EQ/DSP route.. If you decide to give that approach a try and need some tips feel free to PM me. Anyways, I think both the Gustard & SMSL should be solid choices.

Now back to the topic :cool:

WolfX-700

Forum Donor
IMD, I saw a line starting from -70, extending to -110 at a dive angle of nearly 30 degrees, and then slowly extending to -11X...no hump. Perfect performance...

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
But do tell; is the user interface easy to navigate

"user interface" and high fidelity reproduction equipment are mutually exclusive to me.

If it has a "menu" button, it goes in the trash.

Music1969

Major Contributor
@WolfX-700 - is it designed and manufacturered by a Chinese company? You don't have to say the name of the company.

Top Bottom