• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The new Khadas Tone Board looks amazing (with balanced output)

Herbert

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Correct. And when you look at the many desktop DACs Amir tested, many have similar (aluminium)
casings. There are already suppliers for this. The Audiophonics case is made from standard extrusion parts.
But a case has to be distinctive to sell a product. At least one can say this about the Khadas board.
But I hope a generic (means standalone) bare board will be available as well.

Tks

Major Contributor
Asus design department was contracted for this or something? *facedesk*

at any rate, if they keep those awesome RCA connectors from the last version, then all is well.

asus-rt-ac88u-wireless-ac3100-dual-band-gigabit-router-00005.jpg

THW

Forum Donor
Reactions: Tks

ExpertNoob

It's just a prototype IIRC. Hopefully they make it closer the Atom like someone mentioned in the OG thread. That's one of the common pairings with this DAC I believe.

Digital Mastering System

Why not balanced TRS? This is already pretty common on a lot of gear out there. Requires more depth but less space on the rear panel.
I like TRS because it's easier to drill the hole in the case. TRS is the oldest and has been shown to be very good for over a hundred years.

Top Bottom