• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The National Park Service wants humans to stop licking this toad

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm not not licking toads!

/Homer Simpson

tw 2022

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Those toads are toxic AF.... back in the day. ( 1960/70/80s) lots of dogs and cats died hereabouts from trying to carry them. .. It isn't a joke....

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
South Park did an episode about this didn't they? People will lick, sniff, or smoke practically anything to get high. We used to just fill a watermelon with vodka and go to the beach the way nature intended...

tw 2022

Addicted to Fun and Learning
South Park did an episode about this didn't they? People will lick, sniff, or smoke practically anything to get high. We used to just fill a watermelon with vodka and go to the beach the way nature intended...
tell me , how'd nature distill that vodka?..little help from a wanna be drunk somewhere?:)

OldHvyMec

Forum Donor
Of all the things on earth to lick and someone picks a TOAD. If I was a licker, TOADS would not be on the lick list. More like a kisser than licker when it comes to
toads or frogs. I'm not looking for Prince Charming so kissin' is out too. Frog legs are good eatin'!!

JSmith

Master Contributor
This has been going on a very long time;
JAN. 31, 1990
In the United States, another toad species, Bufo alvarius, known as the Colorado River toad or the Sonoran Desert toad, causes similar effects. Although it isn't illegal to own a Colorado River toad in the United States, the active chemical in toad venom, bufotenine, is a controlled substance. This is the same chemical contained in cane toad venom. Bufotenine-related drug arrests reappeared in Southwestern states such as Arizona in the mid-1980s and '90s, following its original heyday in the 1960s.
... and probably well before the 60's. :)

JSmith

Top Bottom