• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

The Most Audiophool Thing You Own

Blumlein 88

Major Contributor
Now to talk of the deep mystery, one I could perhaps share with Ms. Johanson. Behold:

http://www.shakti-innovations.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Hallograph_web72_Pix.jpg

More info on these at the above link.

Back to the deep mystery. It is one fiendishly deep mystery how such a configuration could do what is claimed. Equally how someone could work on this for 10 years of R&D.

The mystery, the truly incredible pondering which might enlighten one is this: How could such a device constructed this way possibly be priced rationally at $1495 each. EACH. $3k per pair which you'll need a pair for stereo. Of course I think someone seriously offering the product has a big pair of another type.

Last edited:

RayDunzl

Major Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Somehow I am reminded of:

Nightlord

Moderately expensive Van den Hul-cables. Back from when I had no technical understanding of audio, and believed what I read in magazines and heard in shops. I thought at the time that the bass in my room was too boomy. Went to a hifi shop and explained the problem. Got the advice that I should try some cables from Van den Hul, as they had more "control over the bass". I gave it some thought, and slowly became convinced. "Hm. Ok. Seems legit".

Still have them though, as they have a nice white finish which blends well with the furniture in my living room.
Have a pair of VdH silver cables somewhere too... possibly connected, perhaps in a box... Think they were yellow, though. Most certainly I bought them 2nd hand.

Dynamix

Addicted to Fun and Learning
"you will hear significant improvements in every performance area: speed, precision, dynamic range, depth and width of the sound stage, transient impact, tonal balance, harmonic distortion, and more. "

:rolleyes:
Ah yes, improved speed. Will make a 40 minute album a 37 minute album.