• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The Matrix Resurrections what a horrible movie...

Andysu

Major Contributor
I watched the matrix 4 and not the full running time because I started to skip though it on amazon. It was really landladies garbage trash for the cat litter box.
matrix 4 may offend people who lost family members or friends to covid and there is covid mask wearing in this movie that makes me, fuming Red Faced Angry!! 58:47 59:16 turn that Fing directors and film mixes mix down on the Fing fader, F this movie garbage trash! 01:02:08 leave your brain inside a jar while watching this, garbage trash movie. Finally I took my slipper off and threw it at the movie, LG 65" Oled, 01:26:13 "do not test my patience's". 01:44:34 imax has Offended me and I am going to throw my slipper again at the LG 65" Oled because imax is an offensive word.
01:46:32 movies are dead and I hope soon that cinemas go dark and out of business because I will not miss any cinemas ever again! director Lana Wachowski, covid mask scene highly offended me with him/her politics. F your garbage landlady trash movie!
01:50:18 I had to play the matrix, region 1 DVD to get that bad matrix 4 taste out of my eyes.

Last edited:

Soundmixer

Perhaps the best explanation is this was an effort to extract more cash from the franchise. That the Wachowski brothers became the Wachowski sisters, is another story. I guess that's life in California.
Actually, life in California is broader than your profoundly narrow view.

Just sayin.....

TBone

Major Contributor
Watched Matrix Resurrections the day it came out on HBO. Some early reviews I saw said it was the best sequel for the series. They must have seen a different movie than I/my wife! What the heck happened to Keanu Reeves?
John Wick?
Did he forget how to act all of a sudden? The man has the same tone and mood during the entire movie. Even secondary actors sounded a lot more natural than him. And oh, all of a sudden he is not "the one?" Forgot to fly too?
Never considered Reeves a serious actor, which is the very reason i enjoy his movies.

This thing is not even worth watching it for free as we did. If you have not seen it, I suggest passing on it as to not ruin the memory of the original movies
Imo orig was the only 1 worth watching, yet it looks dismally green hued on every version viewed, even the flashback scenes in the latest ...

Have the latest movie, high expectations not. only viewed the opening sequence and a bit beyond, mildly entertaining (except for the off beat silly humor) and visually far superior.

So many bad movies out there ...

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
So many bad movies out there ...
There are. Covid lockdown era movies are hitting us with a handful actors who couldn't be without some money, and some random director who had not finished film school or maybe even high-school! With streaming services willing to license and play anything, all manner of garbage production is getting through.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Imo orig was the only 1 worth watching, yet it looks dismally green hued on every version viewed, even the flashback scenes in the latest ...
The green hue was sort of intentional. They were using some of the early digital processing as I recall, and they wanted that icky fluorescent office light green hue for an effect. If you notice the green hue is strong when in the Matrix and not when out of the Matrix.

I think the first major movie to be shot almost totally on digital cameras was "Collateral" with Tom Cruise and Jamie Foxx. The camera used shows a variety of color temperatures depending upon where the scene was shot. A rather different overall visual feel than using film.

Here is an interesting web site with details of how movies were shot.

TBone

Major Contributor
6q
The green hue was sort of intentional. They were using some of the early digital processing as I recall, and they wanted that icky fluorescent office light green hue for an effect. If you notice the green hue is strong when in the Matrix and not when out of the Matrix.
been a while since viewing orig ... dont know why the green hue bothered me so much, didnt seem to bother others. figured it intentional bc it seemed so obviously hued. had all but forgotten that ugh green canvas, until it reappeared in the latest film during flashback scene.

thx for the links ...

D

Deleted member 39414

There are. Covid lockdown era movies are hitting us with a handful actors who couldn't be without some money, and some random director who had not finished film school or maybe even high-school! With streaming services willing to license and play anything, all manner of garbage production is getting through.
This won’t end post Covid. Studios have learned that low cost fast content achieves the same goal with much lower risk. The modern viewers bar for content is much lower thanks to a lack of new content for a spell and in the long term it goes the way of music but with less variety as video content is more expensive to create than music. The metric is cost/revenue per minute of a captive audience member. We will see Warner lose its stomach for risk as HBO trends towards becoming Netflix. In 2010 Netflix said they could become HBO before HBO became Netflix. They were right in terms of subscribers but Netflix is trending towards AMC + Cinemax These days. Congrats @amirm, streaming services finally listened to us adtech execs and followed the metrics…whoops.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
been a while since viewing orig ... dont know why the green hue bothered me so much, didnt seem to bother others. figured it intentional bc it seemed so obviously hued. had all but forgotten that ugh green canvas, until it reappeared in the latest film during flashback scene.

thx for the links ...
A lot of "black and white" CRT displays were green. So watching the first movie reminded me of that. Which combined with modem sounds, it was kind of appropriate. It was the layman's impression of tools of the nerds. :)

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
This won’t end post Covid. Studios have learned that low cost fast content achieves the same goal with much lower risk.
I believe you. The heard of Warner studio said so this much: big budget action hero movies will be made for theater. Everything else will be left to independents to produce for streaming. Read: almost no chance of good movies that aren't shoot them up, CGI, etc.

TBone

Major Contributor
A lot of "black and white" CRT displays were green. So watching the first movie reminded me of that. Which combined with modem sounds, it was kind of appropriate. It was the layman's impression of tools of the nerds. :)
lol ... yeah, true, very appropriate considering.

Descartes

Major Contributor
Looking forward to seeing it until then staying away from reading any thing or watching preview about the movie! Want to make my own opinion without biases!

Bleib

Major Contributor

Attachments

• 272863672_511925340264248_2634457117737918642_n.png
    272863672_511925340264248_2634457117737918642_n.png
    300.7 KB · Views: 44

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Covid might have accelerated the general "suck" in movies, but it's hardly the cause. This has been going on for years now. It's the decline of culture, general laziness, general lack of creativity, lack of daring, and a few more things that lead to this.

Luckily lately it looks like Hollywood is waking up, at least partially. Too much money has been lost and things are slowly starting to change. There is some hope yet!

JSmith

Master Contributor
Hollywood is out of ideas, hence the constant sequels and re-boots. One problem I think is they make movies "safe" for international consumption, which indicates it's about money and not a good story.

They need to start being daring again, take risks... stop playing it "safe", making boring and repetitive films.

JSmith

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
One problem I think is they make movies "safe" for international consumption, which indicates it's about money and not a good story.
One thing that is blatantly clear from the last few years is that "safe" does not equate to making money. Took them long enough to figure that one out.

Great example: Last Marvel Spiderman vs the other 2021 Marvel movies.

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Streamers seem obsessed by volume at the moment as they need to be able to offer enough content to entice subscribers. They can take a massive short cut by buying up back catalogues, merging with old media companies and movie rights etc but for new content to keep people interested it is all about volume. I am a sci-fi fan and I now hate the 'franchise' concept which seems to be little more than flogging dead horses to the point it becomes almost embarrassing (though I am hoping, probably naively, that Star Trek Brave New Worlds may finally give us a Star Trek product worth watching again). There have been some diamonds among all the junk, I love the Expanse, I really enjoyed Bosch (though that may be because I never read the books) and I thought the first three seasons of The Man in the High Castle were brilliant (though it went off the rails in season 4 I thought, and I suspect if I'd read the book first I'd have hated it) but in general I don't find much worth watching.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I thought 2049 was barely better than okay.

Yeah.

I finally caught it on a "free with a few ads" streamer.

The images were surreal, the soundtrack didn't do anything for me.

Recognized the few notes borrowed from Vangelis immediately, though.

Now to locate (whenever) the new (well, it was new) Matrix.

Bleib

Major Contributor
Hollywood is out of ideas, hence the constant sequels and re-boots. One problem I think is they make movies "safe" for international consumption, which indicates it's about money and not a good story.

They need to start being daring again, take risks... stop playing it "safe", making boring and repetitive films.

JSmith
It's not out of ideas though. People prefer what they are used to, it's really up to them to watch different kinds of movies..

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
It's not out of ideas though. People prefer what they are used to, it's really up to them to watch different kinds of movies..
That’s what they do. All these crappy sequels and remakes never get the audience that originally attended. Many of these outright flop. So yes, I blame laziness and creative bankruptcy.

Top Bottom