• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The Matrix Resurrections what a horrible movie...

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Watched Matrix Resurrections the day it came out on HBO. Some early reviews I saw said it was the best sequel for the series. They must have seen a different movie than I/my wife! What the heck happened to Keanu Reeves? Did he forget how to act all of a sudden? The man has the same tone and mood during the entire movie. Even secondary actors sounded a lot more natural than him. And oh, all of a sudden he is not "the one?" Forgot to fly too?

It amazes me that people who make movies can't see when a project is going south early in the process and make course correction. I guess they get most of their money up front and could care less what the end result is.

This thing is not even worth watching it for free as we did. If you have not seen it, I suggest passing on it as to not ruin the memory of the original movies.

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
No It wasn't. I fully enjoyed it and loved the time quips.

digitalfrost

Major Contributor
I really like the critical drinker to filter out bad movies and find good ones. He agrees. Which is why I will not bother watching in the first place.

e: Spoilerwarning. Do not watch this if you want to see the movie.

Last edited:

JSmith

Master Contributor
Interesting... a few friends are telling me it's great and doesn't shit on the originals, "wicked" was one description.

Not going to the cinema due to covid anyway, so may obtain this and watch at home to evaluate.

JSmith

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
It was disappointing. The snippets from the prior filme did not belong there because it should stand on itself. Some say the film is about the political slant the red pill/blue pill thing has taken on.

JEarle

Forum Donor
What the heck happened to Keanu Reeves? Did he forget how to act all of a sudden? The man has the same tone and mood during the entire movie. Even secondary actors sounded a lot more natural than him. And oh, all of a sudden he is not "the one?" Forgot to fly
Isn’t that Keanu Reeves in every movie he has ever ‘acted’ in?!

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I really like the critical drinker to filter out bad movies and find good ones. He agrees. Which is why I will not bother watching in the first place.

e: Spoilerwarning. Do not watch this if you want to see the movie.

He is right on the money. He reminded me of everything I hated about this movie.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

Digby

Major Contributor
The point in the 3rd (I think it was the 3rd) Matrix movie, where the giant porcupine type thing came from below and hovers in front of Neo was just so ridiculous. I laughed out loud for about 3 minutes straight. The previous ones (2 & 3) were bad enough that I didn't fancy trying this one on for size either.

dc655321

Major Contributor
Watched Matrix Resurrections the day it came out on HBO.

Wife and I watched it too on HBO.
I don't think it sucked as bad as you're making it out to be. It wasn't great though, so there's that...
Oh, and as others have commented, I'm not sure Mr. Reeves could ever skillfully act.
He seems like he may be fun to hang with. Away from movie sets.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Meh, none of them were great. This one somewhat hoped they could make it better but really don't know why with such a limited concept to begin with....

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I 100 percent agree this was no good. The thing that stuck in my mind is why did they make this movie? I don't understand what they were thinking. Not that they executed it poorly, but that there appears to be no point to it in their mind.

westyjeff

I don’t think it lived up to expectations! It is another Matrix movie, has some interesting scenes but overall I was disappointed.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
It was disappointing. The snippets from the prior filme did not belong there because it should stand on itself. Some say the film is about the political slant the red pill/blue pill thing has taken on.

That is what Lana Wachowski one of the original two people who made the other Matrix movies said. Lana wrote this one and co-directed it. Apparently transitioning takes away cognitive movie making skills. The very best I can say about this movie it is that it was pointless. Whatever point in mind they failed in conveying it.

Last edited:

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
My favorite Matrix clip:

Ever wondered if scientist Carl Sagan and Agent Smith from The Matrix might be the same person somehow?

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
That is what Lana Wachowski one of the original two people who made the other Matrix movies said. Lana wrote this one and co-directed it. Apparently transitioning takes away cognitive movie making skills. The very best I can say about this movie it is that it was pointless. Whatever point in mind they failed in conveying it.
Perhaps the best explanation is this was an effort to extract more cash from the franchise. That the Wachowski brothers became the Wachowski sisters, is another story. I guess that's life in California.

Bleib

Major Contributor
I thought it was OK, but this is because I didn't have high expectations. The original idea of using humans for energy is not a good idea in the first place, not very efficient.

Top Bottom