• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The Matrix Resurrections what a horrible movie...

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I was in the habit of going to the local IMAX when ever a new StarWars, StarTrek, or Marvel movie came out.
I haven't been to cinema since covid, at first it was due to the virus but now there just hasn't been anything to lure me in.
I considered Dr. Strange but when it was available from Streaming at almost the same time, I saved the IMAX $20.
Now we have the Black Panther, no thank you.
Maybe sometime soon we'll get something I'll put my cash into.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
there's a whole heap of movies where the 1st one is a smash hit phenomena and may have even been a good movie and the followups are all faded carbon paper copies made with bigger budgets but are cynical cash ins

Blade 1999 is one, so is Robocop 1987...

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Maybe the next Avatar, looks like it can use some support ;)

Wow! I knew it was expensive, but not that expensive. Someone didn't do their job reigning in Mr. Cameron. If it "only" makes $1 billion I would expect funds for Avatar 3 might be scarce.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Wow! I knew it was expensive, but not that expensive.
Yeah, me neither. The article doesn’t specify the budget, but the reports are only around 250 million, which sounds rather low, since movies that cost in the the 200 million aren’t that rare nowadays.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Yeah, me neither. The article doesn’t specify the budget, but the reports are only around 250 million, which sounds rather low, since movies that cost in the the 200 million aren’t that rare nowadays.
I looked at some more sources. Budget of $250 million, but Cameron has said more. Also expected to spend almost that much on marketing. Some sources imply the $2 billion is actually for doing Avatar 2, Avatar 3 and Avatar 4, and the marketing. Cameron has been quoted as saying obviously if 2 is a flop the others will not get made. Which sounds more reasonable.

Top Bottom