• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The Mandalorian - Season 3

DWPress

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
As someone in their late 50's with a 12 year old son I find I have little choice but to enjoy a weekly slog through some really bad writing but visually satisfying rip off of my own youth. It's by far more fun making SW lego creations the next day and joking about the bad parts - "Why didn't they just go back in the cave?" that even a 12 year old picks up.

symphara

I watched a bit and it’s definitely downgraded to “content”. But it did subvert my expectations in a way. They generally made Mando to be resourceful and smart, and yet, now he turns into a dummy who inexplicably walks into these traps just to be rescued by the smart, resourceful woman. I gave up around ep. 4 which was boring and aimless.

Andor was much better, but with the current Disney leadership, I fear for season 2.

I don’t understand paying billions for an illustrious franchise just to churn out mostly dross.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Someone has already watched episodes from the new season,
Thank you for the reminder.
We've been busy watching the International Basket-Weaving quarter-finals, but Mandalorian is definitely on our queue...:facepalm:
And, thanks all [??] for not fully spoiling our already-low expectations.

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I gave up around ep. 4 which was boring and aimless.

Andor was much better

Andor is flagship story telling. Mandalorian doesn’t come close. That said, it’s finally coming together in Episode 5. It’s not a spoiler to suggest that Bo Katan is getting her time in the limelight. I think Ep 5 is my favorite so far.

I think Mandalorian is about the fun of kids playing with action figures again. Andor is a sophisticated story for the adult fans who were kids of the original Trilogy.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Can anyone explain Season 3 episode 3? It seems a stupendously clumsy handling of the story line. Not to mention worst editing I've seen in a long time. Did they fire all the writers and hire 12 year olds? No, most 12 year olds that are fans of the show would do better than this.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Can anyone explain Season 3 episode 3? It seems a stupendously clumsy handling of the story line. Not to mention worst editing I've seen in a long time. Did they fire all the writers and hire 12 year olds? No, most 12 year olds that are fans of the show would do better than this.
Can you wait until the International Basket-Weaving finals are over?:)

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Can you wait until the International Basket-Weaving finals are over?:)
Yeah, I think I'm done with Mando. Disney is killing it, and that isn't a compliment. I too fear for Andor future episodes. On the bright side, the writing still isn't as bad an Obiwan. :facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm:

I'll probably watch rugby instead of B-W finals however.

symphara

Andor is flagship story telling. Mandalorian doesn’t come close. That said, it’s finally coming together in Episode 5. It’s not a spoiler to suggest that Bo Katan is getting her time in the limelight. I think Ep 5 is my favorite so far.

I think Mandalorian is about the fun of kids playing with action figures again. Andor is a sophisticated story for the adult fans who were kids of the original Trilogy.
My problem is that I just don’t care at all about Bo Katan and I find it increasingly harder to care about any character. The show is perplexing, I’m done.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Pickins are getting slim!
We are woke-averse and prefer NOT to watch current crop of 'meaningful' movies as entertainment!:facepalm:
What's left? The re-skinned version of Hart-to-Hart (True Lies series)?
I like Macaulay Culkin's brother (Kieran) in Succession series. He makes me snort, as entertainment should!:)

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Pickins are getting slim!
We are woke-averse and prefer NOT to watch current crop of 'meaningful' movies as entertainment!:facepalm:
What's left? The re-skinned version of Hart-to-Hart (True Lies series)?
I like Macaulay Culkin's brother (Kieran) in Succession series. He makes me snort, as entertainment should!:)
Actually the woke shows have been generally flops. Money talks and most studios are walking it back. Disney probably won't. Others are.

posvibes

With entire galaxies to explore, a multitude of civilizations to interact with and technology that makes it all possible the earthbound TV writers once again prove that human imagination cannot get beyond the car chase and gunfight.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
With entire galaxies to explore,
Didn't we do that already with bros. RodSterling and WilliamShattner?:cool:
Yeah, the writers are still thinking in the verse of CGI and "XXX years earlier..." (<time shift>) mentality in entertainment.

OT: It has (maybe) gotten very hard to do an 'intelligent mystery' without the "murder" part no matter where (in the universe) it takes place!
Elementary series was good but was earth-bound!

I wish movies and tv series were like lasagna and you can make it at home... even if you prefer pineapple and anchovies in your lasagna.;)

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Disney probably won't.
Oh, they will have to! Massive layoffs are coming. A multitude of projects is canceled or diminished and more heads will be rolling. Their bleeding billions and it must be stopped. Disney+ is 12 billion $ in the red at this moment o_O.

Last edited:

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Yeah, I think I'm done with Mando. Disney is killing it, and that isn't a compliment. I too fear for Andor future episodes. On the bright side, the writing still isn't as bad an Obiwan. :facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm:

It's funny how people can see things so different.
I thought Andor sucked and was big time boring.
I'm enjoying Mando 3 much much more

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Oh, they will! Massive layoffs are coming. A multitude of projects is canceled or diminished and more heads will be rolling.
If it happens it's because they've abandoned the fun and action side of SciFi for a sleepwalker like Andor

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
If it happens it's because they've abandoned the fun and action side of SciFi for a sleepwalker like Andor
Because that brings in the money?

Andor was a bit boring, but the story and acting was quite good. The pacing was awful and I still don’t get the morality of the first episode. I’m pretty sure they know what to do better for next season. Although, for Mando, they clearly did not know.

Top Bottom