• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The Man Who Fell To Earth

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I’ve watched the first two episodes on Showtime and I’m loving it so far. Several laugh out loud scenes in episode 1 and Chiwetel Ejiofor’s acting have me hooked. I also make it a point to seek out the David Bowie episode title song video on YouTube after I watch each episode.

Martin

OP
Martin

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Is nobody else watching this? I’ll finish the last two episodes tonight. I love the story and the acting is superb. I have liked Chiwetel since I first saw him and this show lets him stretch. Rob Delaney and the rest of the ensemble cast are all very good. (Check out Catastrophe for more of Rob.)

Martin

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The first episode started great but the ending was cheesy and classic big companies are terrible so lost interest.
It gets better after the 2nd episode though it remains uneven.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Not heard about it in the UK. I'll have a look for it.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Im also interested in seeing if Dark Winds makes it over here.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Im also interested in seeing if Dark Winds makes it over here.
I started a thread about it. George R. R. Martin and Robert Redford...how did those two get involved.

Axo1989

Major Contributor
Is nobody else watching this? I’ll finish the last two episodes tonight. I love the story and the acting is superb. I have liked Chiwetel since I first saw him and this show lets him stretch. Rob Delaney and the rest of the ensemble cast are all very good. (Check out Catastrophe for more of Rob.)

Martin
I checked out the first episode briefly and thought it looked promising. It's a long time since I watched Roeg's film version (with a lot more of Bowie) so it won't suffer as much in comparison. And I like Ejiofor's acting generally. So yes it's in my queue. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Top Bottom