• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The Laff Box

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Somehow, laugh tracks seem to work with TV, since some shows have actual audiences, I suppose..

Are there any movies with laugh tracks?

---

I wonder if Mr Douglas had any part inventing the Mellotron.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I hated those laugh tracks. A real audience was okay. It seemed to me when shows went to laugh tracks it was like compression in the loudness wars. It was always too much, and too often. Had it been more tastefully done maybe not so bad.

I do commend this laugh track added to the Walking Dead.

As for audiences in movies, several times oddball comedies would resonate with me, but not most of the audience. I'd be one of only a couple or three people laughing and everyone else seemed not to get it. But that was not usually the case.

Then there was the 1st time I saw Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Had never heard of the troupe or the movie. I was laughing so hard I would not have heard what anyone else was doing. However, this was an odd occurrence. A baseball divisional playoff had been rained out on a Friday evening. Somehow the local TV station with no announcement shoved the Holy Grail on to fill the time slot, and also didn't cut any of it. I loved it, but they had to run apologies about no editing the following day.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Once upon a time, while flipping channels long ago...

I came across a boxing match.

It was strangely different, and it held my attention. End of one round, start of another.

Until the announcers plugged their microphone back in and added their blather to the crowd and ring sounds that hadn't been cut off..

Top Bottom