• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The kit we bought, our current setups

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
The absorbers were kits from Ready Acoustics. Cost way more than DIY, but about half the cost of other commercial offerings, and look nice. I like the frames -- not ideal acoustically but aesthetically pleasing.
Took a look at their site, the DIY stuff is reasonably priced compared to a lot of stuff out there.
They do need someone to clean up the rendering of the site, it's a bit wonky. LOL

Krunok

Major Contributor

So, here it is how I listen to music.. :)

Left rack, from top to bottom:

Audio Aero Capitol tube amp, 2x50W in class A (comes handy warming the room during winter) - connected to Topping D10 DAC via RCA
Audio Aero Prima DAC - connected to Capitol amp (with XLR cables for no reason)
Denon DVD-3910 CD/DVD player - connected to Prima DAC via SPDIF coax
Rotel RSP-1066 processor - not in use
Rotel RB-1075 amp - connected to Topping D10 DAC via RCA

Under the TV you can barely see Topping D10 DAC and Raspberry Pi 3+ sitting on Media PC which I no longer use. Right to them (white box) is Synology DS216SE with 2*2TB mirrored. Next to them is networking equipment (5GHz WiFi AP, 2.4 WiFi router, switch, optical to Eth converter etc.)
On lower shelf is Arcam T61 tuner I also don't use anymore and Android box for video playout.

Speakers are Castle Harlech S2.

Last edited:
OP
Thomas savage

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor

Left rack, from top to bottom:

Audio Aero Capitol tube amp, 2x50W in class A (comes handy warming the room during winter) - connected to Topping D10 DAC via RCA
Audio Aero Prima DAC - connected to Capitol amp (with XLR cables for no reason)
Denon DVD-3910 CD/DVD player - connected to Prima DAC via SPDIF coax
Rotel RSP-1066 processor - not in use
Rotel RB-1075 amp - connected to Topping D10 DAC via RCA

Under the TV you can barely see Topping D10 DAC and Raspberry Pi 3+ lying on Media PC which I no longer use. Right to them (white box) is Synology DS216SE with 2*2TB mirrored. Next to them is networking equipment (5GHz WiFi AP, 2.4 WiFi router, switch, optical to Eth converter etc.)
On lower shelf is Arcam T61 tuner I also don't use anymore and Android box for video playout.

Speakers are Castle Harlech S2.
No obvious signs of mental illness here, congratulations on at least appearing to be a balanced individual..

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
What can I say, no one hugged me as a child and I have spent way too much time laying gypsum on the wall..
Are all them foamy things to protect you from hurting yourself when they take off the straight jacket?

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
What can I say, no one hugged me as a child and I have spent way too much time laying gypsum on the wall..
Were the pictures from a paint by numbers therapy session? :confused:

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I'll spare you the joking Krunok. ;)
Nice kit!, thanks for posting it.
I love to see our members systems in their real world environment.

Krunok

Major Contributor
Wow Thomas - this is really impressive! Some nice equipment you've got there, but what I particularly admire and envy is "mens cave" style of your room! :D

OP
Thomas savage

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Wow Thomas - this is really impressive! Some nice equipment you've got there, but what I particularly admire and envy is "mens cave" style of your room! :D
Fortunately (or maybe not ) the NHS is critically underfunded so I’m a out-patient for now.

Oh, I have a new avatar for you..,

7EA1DC67-CAE1-4BF4-A767-2B7A07778381.jpeg

OP
Thomas savage

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Looks spicey! What is that? :D

And what is NHS?
It’s salmon patè , I assumed you were a fan :D

NHS ‘National health service ‘ .

I keep meaning to visit Croatia..,

Firstly because I have freinds and family who have been and it looks beautiful ..,

Secondly because I was hoping to bump into ..,
EB276545-F437-4C8D-AD30-00445C8F5E18.jpeg

rebbiputzmaker

Major Contributor

Krunok

Major Contributor
It’s salmon patè , I assumed you were a fan :D

NHS ‘National health service ‘ .

You were right, I like patès very much, salmon included. Add a bottle of good red wine, some jazzy album and I'm happy.. :D

OP
Thomas savage

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Well, why just gypsum when you could gyp everyone?

Also, my small confident music player says a great deal when compared to the giant phallic speakers and the use of a horse avatar. o_O:)

One can only hope you let someone share the other ear bud now and then, give you some relief from all that self satisfaction :)

Top Bottom