• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The kit we bought, our current setups

mags65

Forum Donor
Current setup: Wiim Pro -> RME ADI-2 DAC FS -> Nord Acoustics NCx500 dual mono -> Fyne Audio F502SP, with Roon on Mac Mini running the show (cabled). Stored on Pylon Obsidian rack, oak veneer in oil wax chocolate finish.

IMG_0392.jpeg

IMG_0393.jpeg

Last edited:

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Current setup: Wiim Pro -> RME ADI-2 DAC FS -> Nord Acoustics NCx500 dual mono -> Fyne Audio F502SP, with Roon on Mac Mini running the show (cabled). Stored on Pylon Obsidian rack, oak veneer in oil wax chocolate finish.

View attachment 360424

View attachment 360425
I have never heard those but from my experience with the KEF UNI-Q driver I can get a sense of what the imaging must be like which I estimate to be very good. Plus 2, 8" woofers is real nice for me. I like bigger woofers.
-Improving on the F502, the UK built SP edition uses the premium 200mm (8″) IsoFlareTM driver
-200mm (8″) bass/mid driver from the F702.
-Featuring rigid multi-fibre cones and FyneFluteTM roll surrounds.
-The IsoFlare’s 25mm magnesium compression tweeter has a unique HF wave guide pole piece delivering an incredibly even, full-range frequency response and outstanding Hi-Fi musical imaging.
-The F502SP also benefits from the F700’s advanced crossover components and aluminium sandwich type plinth with BassTrax tractrix profile bass diffuser, re-engineered to precisely tune the F502SP’s more compact cabinet.
-The SP is available in high-gloss black and high gloss white as standard, or a luxurious deep gloss lacquered walnut veneer with a diamond machine cut finish on the aluminium driver chassis.
F502sp-piano-gloss-walnut-front-Goff.jpg

mags65

Forum Donor
I «grew up» with a pair of Tannoys as a student, so it felt quite natural to go «back» to Fyne after some years with a pair of Dali Helicon 400. As you allude to, I perceive the imaging to be pretty sharp due to the dual concentric design. Have experimented with convolution filters from HouseCurve through Roon to defeat some room nulls, as well as slight shifting of speaker positioning. Seems like the system is pretty dialled in right now. Am dreaming of 2.1/2.2 system to really get control of bass. Could possibly use a couple of Sigberg SWs (they are situated less than an hour drive from me), with a NAD M66 to provide crossovers and DLBC. Time will show…

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I «grew up» with a pair of Tannoys as a student, so it felt quite natural to go «back» to Fyne after some years with a pair of Dali Helicon 400. As you allude to, I perceive the imaging to be pretty sharp due to the dual concentric design. Have experimented with convolution filters from HouseCurve through Roon to defeat some room nulls, as well as slight shifting of speaker positioning. Seems like the system is pretty dialled in right now. Am dreaming of 2.1/2.2 system to really get control of bass. Could possibly use a couple of Sigberg SWs (they are situated less than an hour drive from me), with a NAD M66 to provide crossovers and DLBC. Time will show…
Nice! A sub will thump with those speakers very well... :D

napfkuchen

Got this as a new computer for my living room setup:

computer.jpg

Chuwi Larkbox X:
- Intel N100 CPU
- 12 GB RAM - not upgradeable
- 500 GB SSD
- additional 2,5" SSD/HDD slot

The PC is generally very quiet, but if placed on the desk even the quiet noise of the fan would bother me in the long run (I am very sensitive to noise). However, since it will disappear into the TV rack after everything is installed, it doesn't bother me. The performance of the CPU is roughly on par with an Intel i5-6500. For 120 Euros I think you get a good overall package.

Kegemusha

Addicted to Fun and Learning
My humble setup, room size 4x5m , and 2 openings, so not the best of rooms. But I am pleased with the sound.

CD player: an old Yamaha CDX 397 MK2,as transport
DAC: Topping E30
Amp: Audiophonics Hypex 125
Streamer; Wiim Pro ( Sonos connect sold)
Speakers: Buchardt S300 MKII

1000009076.jpg

Last edited:

napfkuchen

My humble setup, room size 4x5m , and 2 openings, so not the best of rooms. But I am pleased with the sound.

CD player: an old Yamaha CDX 397 MK2,as transport
DAC: Topping E30
Amp: Audiophonics Hypex 125
Streamer; Wiim Pro ( Sonos connect sold)
Soeakers: Buchardt S300 MKII

View attachment 362478
I like it. :) Are these Liedtke stands?

New speakers (Mesanovic CDM65) now on stands:

stands.jpg

Last edited:

gags

Top Bottom