• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The international space station visit videos

tomelex

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Wow, what a great watch. Boy, I don't want to be in there if the emergency rockets fire in case of take off failure. 17 Gs pulling on you??? I imagine they pass out.

Fascinating to see black and white cameras with instrumentation in Russian. We had one of the space station astronauts give a talk and he said they had to go through months of training to learn Russian.

OP
tomelex

tomelex

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Wow, what a great watch. Boy, I don't want to be in there if the emergency rockets fire in case of take off failure. 17 Gs pulling on you??? I imagine they pass out.

Fascinating to see black and white cameras with instrumentation in Russian. We had one of the space station astronauts give a talk and he said they had to go through months of training to learn Russian.

There are other videos where they show the landing on earth of the Soyuz and how they hit really hard, its very interesting to watch as well, they have some sort of automatic shocks under their seats that deploy and they fire explosives just meters off the ground for a final attempt at slow down before hitting the ground. Think I would rather land in the sea as Apollo program did. Cool that you had a talk by someone actually involved with the program. I remember as a kid seeing the friendship 7 capsule, it was really small and cramped.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I watched all three and saw that. They really take you there as far as how each stage feels.

But yeh, I thought they were going to land in water to handle the impact. Didn't know they blew rockets to land it on ground.

Top Bottom