• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The Intellectual People Podcast - Legacy Audio (Bill Dudleston)

jtwrace

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Bill Dudleston explains what got him into building speakers and ultimately Legacy Audio. His history is quite interesting! He even talks about Earl Geddes, the late Arnie Nudell and speaks about the powerful Legacy Audio Wavelet. If you manufacture drivers, you might want to hear his request.

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
There needs to be more attention for these great interviews.

Koeitje

Major Contributor
Your channel's name is so incredibly pretentious that I cannot bear watching it.

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Your channel's name is so incredibly pretentious that I cannot bear watching it.
Besides being rude, some of your reaction is likely because of generational difference.

Koeitje

Major Contributor
Besides being rude, some of your reaction is likely because of generational difference.
If putting yourself on a pedestal and gatekeeping is normal for you, then I'm happy to belong to the younger generation.

Jim Matthews

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If putting yourself on a pedestal and gatekeeping is normal for you, then I'm happy to belong to the younger generation.
Sure.

There's no such thing as an insufferable 30 something who has seen it all.

OP
jtwrace

jtwrace

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That's an interesting reaction to the name which clearly you don't know the reason(s) behind. :)

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Despite the focus on technical aspects and DSP, the Whisper and Focus don't seem to measure all that well.
Not sure I fully understood his nulling technique when comparing production units. He plays and measures them in a listening room instead of a chamber? And nulls that result?

Interesting that he at once recognizes the value of double blinding but also says that DAC filters are audibly different (linear vs. minimum phase).

Kind of a kaleidoscope of old and new perspectives and techniques.

Semla

That's an interesting reaction to the name which clearly you don't know the reason(s) behind. :)
Great interviews @jtwrace, I just listened to the episodes with Amir and Tom Christiansen. Both had great questions with thoughtful answers, and were well produced. So what is the story behind the name?

Last edited:
Top Bottom