• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The Intellectual People Podcast - Dutch & Dutch (Martijn Mensink)

jtwrace

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
In this video, we learn about the formation of Dutch & Dutch and how Martijn got his start in speaker design. Martijn also speaks about how the 8c design came about along with the features of such design. There's certainly a lot to unpack in this video!

astcal

Forum Donor
I admire audio companies like Dutch & Dutch and Kii -- open minded, visionary, energetic, science oriented, yet down to earth unlike some other "audiophile" companies that sell snake oil.

I believe the future of speaker is smart active design, from Neumann, Genelec to Kii and Dutch & Dutch. Very exciting indeed!

Last edited:

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Bump.
Really impressive how quickly Martijin and team picked up the speaker design game. Not even 10 years in and they're already competing with Genelec/Neumann in terms of neutrality, yet also pushing forward in ways(room interaction) that even those companies aren't.
I think it's because @Martijn Mensink spent his college years on intense speaker design instead of attending class:)

Last edited:
Top Bottom