• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The Intellectual People Podcast - Chris Brunhaver (PS Audio)

manisandher

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Thanks. Really interesting.

Mani.

Zvu

This is insanely good interview in my opinion. A prime example of how it's done right. Right questions and good answers.

I am avoiding PS audio Youtube suggestions with Paul Mcgowan like they are poison and will continue to do so. Chris Brunhaver on the other hand is a great guy, no BS or snake oil. Refreshingly honest, which is kinda unexpected given the company he works for.

Last edited:

anmpr1

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
At one oh seven he says good words about ASR and Amir. Said he'd be happy to send the loudspeaker for review. Wonder if he's run that by Paul? In any case, seems like a good guy.

OP
jtwrace

jtwrace

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This is insanely good interview in my opinion. A prime example of how it's done right. Right questions and good answers.

I am avoiding PS audio Youtube suggestions with Paul Mcgowan like they are poison and will continue to do so. Chris Brunhaver on the other hand is a great guy, no BS or snake oil. Refreshingly honest, which is kinda unexpected given the company he works for.
Thank you so much for the feedback. :)

OP
jtwrace

jtwrace

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
At one oh seven he says good words about ASR and Amir. Said he'd be happy to send the loudspeaker for review. Wonder if he's run that by Paul? In any case, seems like a good guy.
There is no part of me that thought Paul was against it at all. Given him being very open about testing them on a Klippel NFS.

Somafunk

Major Contributor
Watching it now, very interesting talk and Chris comes across really well and speaks freely with his explanations regarding design and engineering constraints.

manisandher

I think this is the best interview you have done!

I really liked the one with Tom Christiansen of Neurochrome too.

Mani.

anmpr1

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
There is no part of me that thought Paul was against it at all. Given him being very open about testing them on a Klippel NFS.
Did you ask Paul? I wouldn't think he'd be too interested in sending his products for review, given some of the things he's said in the past. But maybe he's more open about these things than I give him credit for. I wonder if he'd be willing to send over one of his BHK monster amps for a teardown?

OP
jtwrace

jtwrace

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Did you ask Paul? I wouldn't think he'd be too interested in sending his products for review, given some of the things he's said in the past. But maybe he's more open about these things than I give him credit for. I wonder if he'd be willing to send over one of his BHK monster amps for a teardown?
Of course I didn't ask Paul. However, with Chris saying it knowing it would be in the open I can't imagine that he would say something that Paul isn't on board with. Further, being that they're sending them to another measuring place it doesn't sound like they're against it. Again, Chris did mention that he tried to send them to Warkwyn but due to the weight they didn't have any interest (which surprised me). Personally, I would've just hired a moving company to lift them onto the table but that's just me.

anmpr1

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Of course I didn't ask Paul. However, with Chris saying it knowing it would be in the open I can't imagine that he would say something that Paul isn't on board with.
Being in management for many years, I've had employees say and do a lot of things that made me cringe, when I found out about it. "I thought that would be OK with you!" And the reverse is often true. How many times in politics has _____ (they are all interchangeable) said something, and then his handlers have to come back and 'clarify', saying, "No, he didn't mean that at all! What he really meant was ..." :)

But who knows? You were there and I wasn't. FWIW, your presentation is really first rate. Allowing the subject to speak, and asking pretty hard hitting and intelligent questions. How many times have we watched interviews where the presenter takes over? Interviewing is an art, and not everyone can do it well. Timestamps are helpful. That has to take time, editing. Audio levels were matched.

Really enjoyed your talk with Scott Marquett. Scott comes across very level headed, and no nonsense. The world of electric guitars can be more nutz than audio. The worst is probably guns. Never want to get in a debate with a gun 'enthusiast' about what caliber is best.

Top Bottom