• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The Hola is too dark for me and it has limited treble.

LewisGarcia

7hz zero and ZVX are really good value for money, There are too many killers for $20 right now. Waner is also good, I think I would recommend the above three to people who like warm sounds like me

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hola will do nothing of you kind. You might get used to it and like it, but that's something happening in you.
Maybe watering it will help? That makes plants open up :D

mc.god

Hola will do nothing of you kind. You might get used to it and like it, but that's something happening in you.
If it will not open up itself, you can always open it up yourserlf

Keith_W

Major Contributor
The frequency response of IEM's is VERY seal and eartip dependent. I suggest you go through the different tips that came with your IEM's and see if it sounds better with another eartip. My ear canals are slightly asymmetrical so I need different eartips for my left and right ears, and even then I still get channel imbalance. EQ and balance control solves that problem.

GaryH

Major Contributor
No surprise you don't really like the Hola (Harman predicted preference rating of just 65%), and find it dark with limited treble (negative slope value of -0.93), as that's exactly how it measures, incidentally similarly to the Truthear Zero Red with bass adapter (and without as well in the treble):
graph-89.png

I too find frequency responses with this significant lack of ear gain dark, dull, muffled and lifeless, according with their predicted ratings from our current best science.

Last edited:
Top Bottom