• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The History Of PC Audio (Creative 30 years of Sound Blaster story)

OP
ZolaIII

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
Who not remembers a awe32? :)
No reasons not to. I personally best remembere the Sound blaster 16 back in 90's for the good and bad times I had with it and a long ride I had with Audigy 2 but that's only me. Anyway I didn't write the story, actually no one did it's more of an interview, still remembering how things ware is a nice reading for me so I sheared it.

Best regards.

Forman

I remember how I wanted a sound card. The SB Pro with stereo sound. Computer audio - for most people - back then was more like computer noise. Pretty horrible beeping and buzzing.
When my brother bought a Gravis Ultrasound I could not believe my ears. At the same time games with SVGA graphics started to arrive. For a 10 year old coming from C64, the PC suddenly changed everything.

Top Bottom