• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The "Have People Criticize Your Own Photos" thread

onofno

I love the GR Digital. Here's a shot I got with mine on a ski trip some years back. The only thing that's really lacking compared to modern compacts like the Sony DSC series is the autofocus, which is slow and doesn't like working in low light. But that APS-C sensor ...

onofno says :
I think the GR 3 has autofocus plus stabilization...
I should have checked before writing !

pwjazz

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

Yes, unfortunately from what I hear, it's still pretty slow to focus in some cases. I mostly use a DSC-RX100VI now because I have young kids and I need something that can really nail focus on moving subjects :)

onofno

Yes, unfortunately from what I hear, it's still pretty slow to focus in some cases. I mostly use a DSC-RX100VI now because I have young kids and I need something that can really nail focus on moving subjects:)

Yes, you need a fast accurate focus...

Last edited:

onofno

IMG_0891.jpg

This a Fujitsu scan of a picture I've taken with a Minolta SRT100 in 1979 (Kodak 35mm Tri-X BW film + Ilford Gallery BW paper) I've been surprised by the wave and I don't know why the camera has survived...

Last edited:
Top Bottom