• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The gear you bought and sold in 2018 (including acoustic treatment products and accessories)

artismo

FYI: oppodigital.com is listing “refurbished” PM-2 for sale $399. I have had PM-1 for several years and love them. Maybe a late Christmas present?? :)
I was debating that or the Hifiman Sundara. Oppo US doesn’t ship to Japan, I’ll try another country. Parcel forwarding from California still isn’t too bad and makes it a hair cheaper than the Sundara.

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
BACCH
Dutch & Dutch 8C
Various stands and other accoutrements

betterTomorrow.jpg

Just kidding. They are the best audio purchases that I have made, along with the Sennheiser HD600s that I bought well over 15 years ago.

westyjeff

Bought:
MD O2+SDAC
Senn 58X
K7XX
THX 789
Focal Elex
Mr Speakers Either 2
Mr Speakers Either C Flow
RME ADI-2 DAC
Geshelli Labs Enog2 Pro

I haven't sold anything, but I did do some trading,,,,

Traded both Mr Speakers headphones and a little cash for a Cayin HA300
IMG_3816.jpeg

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Bought four Revel Salon2's to serve as surrounds and rears in my main (media room) system. Gave my old Infinity Alpha and sub set to my son, replaced with a pair of Revel F206's (in walnut, gorgeous), C205 center, and Rythmik F12 sub (family room system, where my wife lives). That is all, but was plenty...

KR8NUX

Bought -
Headphones -
Philips SHP 9500
HD6XX
HE4XX
Audeze Sine
Takstar Pro 82
1 More Triple Driver
Final E4000 IEM
KZ Random IEMs to experiment
ATH M50X
AKG M220
Audio-Technica AR3BT

DAC/Amps-
FX - Audio DAC X6
SMSL M3
JDS Atom
Topping D30

Sold -
ATH M50X - Its as bad as they say
AKG M220 - Wasnt doing anything different

Looking to Sell -
Audeze Sine, to upgrade to the Mobius.

Damn that's a lot of money for 2018 !

Eliian

Bought -
FX - Audio DAC X6
SMSL M3
Firsts post here. How is the SMSL M3? It seems to be liked here more than the DAC X6. Looking for a combo unit for my new HE4xx. Happy with the sound from the mobo it is just not loud enough.

stunta

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Feels like a confession...

Bought:
  • A pair of Rythmik FM8s as speaker stands for my main speakers :cool:. They also handle the mid-bass pretty well.
  • Integra DRC-R1.1 pre-pro.
  • One JBL 306p Mk II for center channel (s/h for $110!!)
  • Topping DX7s + JBL 305p Mk II + B&W 600 for the living room.
  • ATS acoustic panels and Vicoustic flat panel VMTs

Sold:
  • Topping D30.

rwortman

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Sold nothing. Bought a Yamaha RX A1070 AVR to go with my new UHD TV and a AT VM740 cartridge.

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Bought: ELAC desktop integrated amp
Sold: OPPO BDP-83, OPPO HA-2SE

Kyle / MrHeeHo

Bought:

Audeze LCD 2, custom molded Ultimate Ears Pro Reference Remastered and Focal Clear

Sold:

nothing

Traded:

Sony Walkman ZX300 for Astell & Kern KANN

Dogan

Bought:
HD 6XX, O2 and Topping D10.
KEF LS50W, B&W PV1D
Umik-1

Decommissioned a Yamaha AVR and Bose speakers.

Willem

Major Contributor
Bought:
1 Pioneer U-05 DAC/preamp to replace my ancient Quad 33 pre amplifier and the built in DACs of my Chromecast Audio, Panasonic plasma screen and old Panasonic BD player. The sonic improvement is clear (into Quad 606-2, Quad 2805 and B&W PV1d with Antimode 8033), but I am not sure if it is because the DAC part of the Pioneer is audibly better or the pre amplifier part. Probably it is a bit of both.
2 Q Acoustics 3010 speakers for the bedroom system, to replace Wharfedale Diamond 9.0s, one of which had failed. The sound is better than before.

Qatarvim

Traded:

Sony Walkman ZX300 for Astell & Kern KANN[/QUOTE]

I am thinking of buying the Kann and selling my ZX300 for the reasons of driving power and more storage on the Kann. How are you feeling about your decision still today? I love the sound from the Sony but I'm fairly new to this and dont have a basis for comparison. I'm using HD6XX with plans to buy LCD-X, LCD2 Classics or Anandas. Not sure if I want to change my DAP or get the ifi dsd micro black label for more driving power and its can serve double duty as a DAC with my 512Gb Note 9 for more storage. Sorry, I got a little wordy there.

layman2019

Traded:

Sony Walkman ZX300 for Astell & Kern KANN

Hi Qatarvim,
Thank you for sharing your experience. BTW I just joined this Audio Science forum today. FYI I am currently using ZX300. I had demo'ed Kann Cube few months back. I love it, awesome device, excellent sound, much better than my ZX300. I would rank it equal to Sony's TOTL WM1Z even though WM1Z is more towards warmth side (just like ZX300).

Willem

Major Contributor
An update on my earlier post: the Pioneer U-05 DAC/preamp failed (intermittent drop out of audio, not just on streaming but also with other sources). When it came back from repairs, the same problem still existed. The shop took it back and gave me a full refund towards an RME ADI-2 DAC. I am really very happy with that and with the service from the shop.
To make full use of the parametric filters on the ADI-2 I also bought a UMIK-1 calibrated microphone to measure the in-room response.

Top Bottom