• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The FiiO M3K - probably as much DAP as you really need

OP
AnalogSteph

AnalogSteph

Major Contributor
Not a problem in Rockbox. I can scroll through 83-84 pages of album artists (10 each, size 18 font) in about 6 seconds, or go up to start at the opposite end. (Settings - General - Display - Scrolling: List Wraparound: Yes, List Acceleration Start: 1 s, List Acceleration Speed: Speed up every 2 s.)

The touchpad is more prone to misregistered keypresses than a physical button affair would, but I do like the greater number of total buttons/zones available. (M3K: 4 side buttons + 7 touch zones = 11, Clip+: 3 side / top + 1 front + 5 D-Pad = 9.)

staticV3

Master Contributor
It functions as a USB accessory (external DAC), not as a USB host.
Screenshot_20220524-220639_Chrome.jpg

ibericansounds

Haven't had any experience using the newer generation DAP's, though an LG V40 (rooted) with Viper4androidFX would destroy any 2022 Android/Iphone aka camera phones imo.. You have full access to the hardware as you should being its your phone.

Nango

Major Contributor
I discoved accidentally you can use the forward/backwards touch buttons for rapid navigation through the lib instead of (painful slow) scrolling the column in the middle up and down. It plays my Philips X2HR to really loud levels. Unbelievable it outputs only 25mW at 32Ohm. Great DAP, despite the price.

paudio

I've got a Fiio M5 and the software on it is pretty terrible. I've been thinking about rockbox on a M3K after booting up an old iPod classic. I actually like using the classic more than the M5 which takes forever to reindex 80GB or music. Even after it does that I'd rather use file folder organization but can't jump to letters cause their software sucks.

I like using my phone instead with vinyl music player but I like to sometimes not have my phone. A good modern compact DAP with rockbox would be ideal. Shanling Q1 also has a port.

Top Bottom