• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The End of The Objective Point of View?

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Lets do a poll.
Following situation: You see me sexual acting with your woman.

1) You follow quantum physics, and say: This is not reality, couse there are different objectivitis depending on the observer?

2) You are a good old newton mechanics follower, says this is fu...ing reality and give me a good newtonian kick ?

Last edited:

HiFidFan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Lets do a poll.

1) You follow quantum physics, and say: This is not reality, couse there are different objectivitis depending on the observer?

2) You are a good old newton mechanics follower, says this is fu...ing reality and give me a good newtonian kick ?

3) Bang the other guys (your) woman?

Frgirard

Major Contributor
Raymond Poincaré said "If we had the eyes of a fly, we wouldn't have the same geometry."

HiFidFan

Forum Donor

egellings

Major Contributor
She is little predator. I'm glad the size thing is in my favor. If that were reversed, I would not be her caretaker. I'd be her snack.

escksu

Lets do a poll.

Have to stress tha quantum mechanics only happens to extremely small objects like atoms, not to macroscopic ones.

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Please stop the political content. I normally delete this stuff immediately but since this thread is all over the map, I will leave what is already posted in place. But no more please and thank you.

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Have to stress tha quantum mechanics only happens to extremely small objects like atoms, not to macroscopic ones.

Good point. Thats why iam when it comes to macroscopic world, a good old newtonian or einsteinien. I dont know when and why it happens but the macroscopic world is very objective.

Frgirard

Major Contributor

Are you certain?

Pauli's exclusionary principle without which you could never sit on a hard surface.

Micro and macro physics are connected.

escksu

Are you certain?

Pauli's exclusionary principle without which you could never sit on a hard surface.

Of course they are related since we are all made of atoms.

Frgirard

Major Contributor
Of course they are related since we are all made of atoms.
You write... Small objects... Without the micro physic there are not macro physic.
The micro physic is near the scifi than the objective reality. No one understands what is it.

MediumRare

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Are you certain?

Exactly. Black holes and neutron stars also depend on degeneracy, I.e. quantum effects.

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
Please stop the political content. I normally delete this stuff immediately but since this thread is all over the map, I will leave what is already posted in place. But no more please and thank you.

Hey, I think I resembled that remark. Thank you for your word of caution. Keeps me out of trouble!

egellings

Major Contributor
Maybe the quantum effects on the myriad tiny parts all average out to some bulk result on an object made of many, many of them, I dunno.

DimitryZ

Forum Donor
Maybe the quantum effects on the myriad tiny parts all average out to some bulk result on an object made of many, many of them, I dunno.
It's stranger than that. String theory posits that actual reality is 2-D and the third dimension is an emergent quality.

tomtoo

Major Contributor
It's stranger than that. String theory posits that actual reality is 2-D and the third dimension is an emergent quality.

I thought string theory is out, couse it needs supersymetry, and we see no signs for it?

Frgirard

Major Contributor
The string theory is a gentle joke. Full off infinities and versions. Theory which is relegated to the oblivion of speculative physics or metaphysical by another joke: the loop quantum gravity of the brilliant storyteller Carlo Rovelli / Lee Smolin.

https://www.amazon.com/Trouble-Phys...ords=lee+smolin&qid=1631184963&s=books&sr=1-2

the name theory is abusive. the name conjecture is more adequate.
I find the theory of strings very poetic, inciting to reverie. the scifi, by side is very bland

Last edited:
Top Bottom