• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The dilemma of how to improve the sound from the stream service

CATARRO

I listen to music (Qobuz and Tydal with premium accounts) via the Marantz NR1504 receiver on Q Acoustics 3020 speakers. There are two possibilities in my head, so I decided to ask here, maybe someone had similar ideas and tried them to help me.

The first option would be to add a stereo amplifier that has the HT bypass option to pre-output the receiver, so that it pushes the front speakers, and the receiver to remain as a source of music (stream from these platforms).

Another option is to keep the receiver as an amplifier and add a streamer based on the Raspberry Pi platform. I'm primarily thinking about the AlloBoss2 player. Connect it to the analog input of the receiver (CD input,for example) and listen to music in Pure Direct mode).

In the first variant, it is obvious that the speakers would get more power, but nothing more than that, and in the second, the power that reaches them is the same, but potentially the quality of the content that comes is better (better DAC).

Which of the two can produce a better end result?

Leporello

I listen to music (Qobuz and Tydal with premium accounts) via the Marantz NR1504 receiver on Q Acoustics 3020 speakers. There are two possibilities in my head, so I decided to ask here, maybe someone had similar ideas and tried them to help me.

The first option would be to add a stereo amplifier that has the HT bypass option to pre-output the receiver, so that it pushes the front speakers, and the receiver to remain as a source of music (stream from these platforms).

Another option is to keep the receiver as an amplifier and add a streamer based on the Raspberry Pi platform. I'm primarily thinking about the AlloBoss2 player. Connect it to the analog input of the receiver (CD input,for example) and listen to music in Pure Direct mode).

In the first variant, it is obvious that the speakers would get more power, but nothing more than that, and in the second, the power that reaches them is the same, but potentially the quality of the content that comes is better (better DAC).

Which of the two can produce a better end result?
In all cases you mentioned the difference will probably be very small, I.e. not worth bothering. If you want better sound you have to experiment with better loudspeaker placement, improving room acoustics or different speakers altogether

Top Bottom