1. WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

The case of missing #2

Discussion in 'Fun topics, videos, etc.' started by amirm, Jun 17, 2017.

1. amirm

amirm Founder/Admin CFO (Chief Fun Officer) Staff Member

Slow start but stay with it:

2. iridium

iridium Senior Member

Several come up; which one?
    Full title please.

iridium.

3. amirm

amirm Founder/Admin CFO (Chief Fun Officer) Staff Member

Oops. Sorry. Try again.

4. iridium

iridium Senior Member

Around 12 minutes it comes up that he is in the most susceptible group for hypnosis.
    I have tried hypnosis in the past and have been told I am the least susceptible; too bad because I wanted to try a few improvements.

iridium.

5. Sal1950

Sal1950 Major Contributor The Chicago Crusher

I had professionals try at the VA hospital for smoking cessation, never worked for me.

I'll bet the hypnotist would be a great audio cable salesperson. :)

amirm likes this.
  6. Ronm1

Ronm1 Active Member

Or a Bose sales rep.

The Smokester likes this.
  7. The Smokester

The Smokester Active Member

Ya gotta believe!

8. Ron Party

Ron Party Active Member CPH (Chief Prog Head)

Does anyone remember Pat Collins, the "hip" hypnotist. She had a club on the Sunset Strip back in the day. She worked in hospitals one to two days per week. She did shows on Fri and Sat evenings (maybe Thurs as well, can't remember for sure). Two-drink minimum. She'd invite 6 members from the audience up on stage, put them under, and entertain the club. It was absolutely hysterically, gut splitting funny.

She also taught self-hypnosis lessons. I took classes from her. One of the best things I've ever done. Didn't use it to quit smoking - never smoked - but did use it and still use it for relaxation.

After class, she would invite students up on to the stage, where she'd put a student under for catalepsy:

[​IMG]

It took all of about 5 seconds for her to put a student under, then a couple of assistants would lift up the student and place the student across two chairs, just as is shown in the photo. I did it. It felt like I was drifting/floating in a cloud. Amazing thing, amongst others, is that one is not straining at all and is breathing perfectly normal ... she'd put a glass of water on the student's belly and you could just watch the glass go up and down with each inhalation/exhalation.

The Smokester likes this.