• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The Canton CT-120s are the best speakers I’ve ever heard and I’m kinda sad about it (completely subjective)

pizzicato7

Hi Lattiboy,

I bought a pair of Canton CT-120s in 1992 when I was a young man living overseas in the Middle East. They were my first big purchase after I got a job (I went to work for Procter & Gamble in Saudi Arabia, of all places). They gave me 8K to buy furniture to furnish my apartment. I spent 6K on the Canton speakers and 2K on everything else combined (I remember going to Ikea and getting the cheapest patio furniture for my living room).

I've kept them all these years, moving them from place to place. I love them, they're amazing. They in great shape - the oak panels have some scuffs and scratches on them, and a water ring (from a potted plant on it that got overwatered). I lost the speaker covers a long time ago (or more accurately the plastic pegs that hold the speaker covers disappeared one by one). I've lost one of the red speaker wire screws on the back.

That being said, I don't think the amp (a Yamaha receiver) I'm using properly maximizes the audio quality from the speakers.

Would you mind giving me some insights into your preamp+amp+DAC setup that gets you a good result?

thanks!

PS I'm not at home right now but I will send you photos of my Cantons when I get home :)

pizzicato7

8DB68D2E-7776-4493-B18A-EC9CF23D9FAC.jpeg

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Sorry your post to long to fully read but I agree about Marketplace. I bought a pair of Genelec’s at a good price.

Top Bottom